Google Docs + Asana
- Skip Ahead to
- Google Docs
- Smart chips
- How to connect Google Docs + Asana
- How to add Asana tasks as smart chips
Google Docs is an online word processor included as part of the Google Workspace productivity suite. Teams can collaborate seamlessly and connect with other Google apps online. Add context and critical information right into the flow of your work using the Asana for Google Docs integration powered by Smart Chips.
The Google Docs + Asana integration helps teams stay aligned with contextual information, strategic objectives, and ongoing project execution as they do their work.
Using Google smart chips, teams can @-mention Asana tasks directly into a Google Doc to surface relevant data from Asana and maintain visibility on workflow progress.
Coming later this year, teams will also be able to @-mention projects, status updates, goals, and sub-goals directly into Google Docs as well.
How to connect Google Docs + Asana
Here’s how to set up the Asana for Google Docs integration, powered by smart chips:
- Navigate to the Google Workspace Marketplace and install the Asana add-on
- On the right side of your Google Doc, find the Add-on menu. Use Control + Shift + F to show the menu if it doesn’t appear.
- From the Add-on menu, select Asana and click Log In
- Click Allow to grant permission to the Asana Add-on
- Click Continue to confirm your email and complete the authentication process
How to add Asana tasks as smart chips
To replace an Asana task URL with a smart chip, paste the URL in a Google Doc and click the Tab button