Create roadmaps in minutes with our product roadmap template
Wouldn’t it be great if planning your product roadmap were as easy as planning a road trip? Instead, because roadmaps must change and adapt to new market circumstances, many product managers are forced to draw and redraw their roadmap quarterly.
With our product roadmap template, you can plan your roadmap quickly without missing a step. Then, once it’s planned, you can share your product roadmap with stakeholders to get buy-in and ensure everyone is on the same page. Empower your team to spend time building the most important and impactful products and features with these tips.
- Visualize your roadmap in different ways. Create your roadmap as a timeline or calendar, then further sort your milestones by category, priority, or PM. With Asana, you can toggle views so everyone can see the plan in the layout that makes most sense to them.
- Communicate timelines and strategy. Your product roadmap is a place to share the actionable steps you’ll take to create the next feature, but it’s also helpful to include the context about what you’re doing and why. Research shows that team members who understand how their work adds value to their organization are 2X more motivated than their counterparts. Use your roadmap to show schedules, in addition to strategy.
- Share your roadmap. Make sure all of your stakeholders have access to your product roadmap. That way everything, and everyone, stays updated as you make changes and adjustments to your plan.
- Keep track of multiple product lines. Get a bird’s-eye view of all of your business plans, status updates, and product priorities. With Portfolios, you can share your big picture product strategy and roadmap, and visualize them all in one place with Timeline.
Types of product roadmaps you can plan with Asana
- Agile product roadmap
- Product development roadmap
- UX roadmap
- Scrum roadmap
- Feature launch roadmap
New to product roadmaps in Asana?
All of your questions, answered:
- What is a product roadmap? A product roadmap is your vision for the product initiatives, features, and updates your team plans to launch over a set period of time. Your roadmap should be time-bound and specific, so you can see what features you’re launching and how you’ll get there. By planning your product roadmap in Asana, you can connect your product vision to the work your team is doing so everyone is on the same page.
- How can I create a product roadmap? To create a product roadmap, start with our product roadmap template. This dynamic template allows you to organize work, track goals, and hit your milestones. Team members and stakeholders can toggle between different views, like timeline or calendar, depending on what layout they prefer. Then, share status updates so everyone is on the same page.
- What should a product roadmap include? Your product roadmap should be your team’s single source of truth for all of the work you’re tackling in a month, quarter, or year. Make sure to clarify who’s doing what by when, what your launch timelines are, and whether or not your product roadmap is on schedule. With our product roadmap template, you can shift deadlines and re-adjust priorities effortlessly, while keeping everyone on the same page.
When you have a dynamic product roadmap tool, you can spend less time drawing and redrawing your roadmap and more time actioning on it. Make sure everyone is on the same page and can see the roadmap the way they need to. Get started with our product roadmap template today.