- Skip Ahead to
- Create Tasks in Calendar
- Setting Colors on your Project Calendar
- Calendar Options
- Change Due Date using Drag & Drop
- Subtask count
- My Tasks 7 Day Calendar View
View your project's Calendar to keep track of important deadlines and milestones happening within that project. You can also use Team Calendars for a greater overview and you can adjust the start day of your Calendar from your profile settings.
Access a project's Calendar:
- Select the project from the sidebarsidebarUse the sidebar to navigate to the dashboard, starred items, projects, and teams. The sidebar can be collapsed.Read more
- Click Calendar from the headerheaderThe header is part of the user interface between the top bar and the main pane and lets users navigate projects.Read more
Mark tasks complete
To mark a task complete:
- Hover over the task's name and click the checkmark icon.
Create tasks in Calendar
To create a task in a Calendar, click the empty space on a given date, enter the task name and hit Enter.
Once the task has been created, you can then click on it directly to access the task details screen to add an assignee, fill out the fields, add a task description etc. and then click away from the pop up or click the X on the top right to finish.
Setting Colors on your project Calendar
The best way to set colors on project Calendar is to create custom fields and set colors for each field. Then, when you set a custom field value on tasks, that color can be viewed on your Calendar.
To set colors on your project Calendar, click on the preferences icon in the top right corner of your Calendar, then click on the “Apply color” drop down to choose your color preferences.
You can choose “Asana Default”, which pulls from other colors you have set in Asana, or you can set your color logic based on custom fields. Once you’ve chosen which custom field you’d like to use, you can save that view for everyone, so your entire team will see the same color logic when they view the project Calendar.
You have an array of different options directly within the project Calendar view.
From the project Calendar view, you can:
- Select a date range
- Return to today's date
- Apply color to your Calendar
- Manage the project's custom fields
- Hide & show weekends
- Save View for Everyone
- Expand & collapse busy days
Change due date using drag & drop
Click and hold the task on your Calendar and move it to the new due date.
You can also view the amount of subtasks on a particular task directly from your calendar view.
The subtask count will appear next to the task name on calendar view.
My Tasks 7 Day Calendar View
As well as projects your My Tasks also has a calendar view. View your My Tasks Calendar to keep track of your own deadlines and upcoming tasks. Using the 7 Day Calendar view you can reorder tasks due each day, to keep your highest priority tasks at the top.
In My Task 7 Day Calendar View you can:
- Click into Week view to toggle multi-day tasks on and off to prevent long running tasks cluttering up your weekly planning. Here you can also order your calendar by Week view, Month view, and show or hide weekends
- You can also organize your calendar view to show all tasks, incomplete tasks or completed tasks by clicking on the the Task button on your toolbar
- By dragging and dropping tasks you can reorder tasks due each day to keep your highest priority tasks at the top
- Click on the Unscheduled button to bring up unscheduled tasks (tasks that have no due date). This also allows you to access a mini calendar so you can jump quickly to specific dates. You can drag tasks out of the “Unscheduled” sidebar into the week view to schedule tasks for specific days.
If you don't have access to the 7 Day Calendar View for My Tasks yet - don't fret. This feature is slowly being rolled out and should be available to all desktop users soon. If you would like to stay up to date on the rollout of 7 Day Calendar View for My Tasks, then just follow this Community Post to receive notifications on updates