Progress View helps you track task completion in a project over time and get status updates from Project Owners.
From the Progress View, you can:
- View or change the project ownerproject owner Every project can have one Project Owner. They are able to set status updates for the project. Read more
- View or change the project due date or date range
- See the most recent statusstatus A way to update project members on the progress of a project. Status includes a color (red, yellow, green) and short summary. Read more update or post a new statusstatus A way to update project members on the progress of a project. Status includes a color (red, yellow, green) and short summary. Read more update
Any project Member can set a status to inform other project membersproject members Someone that has access to and receives notifications about a project. Read more on progress through a color and narrative.
When updating the status of a project from the Progress View you can:
- Select a color of your status update - Select green to indicate the project is on track, yellow to indicate the project is progressing but at risk, or red to indicate the project is off track
- Enter a narrative for the status update
- Add rich text, including bold, italics and numbered or bulleted lists
- @ mention key project stakeholders
- Add emojis
Once you’ve entered an update, click the blue Post button.
Please note that you must select a color before you can post a project status update.
Update status reminders
Each project’s owner will receive a weekly task each Thursday to update the status of their project due Friday. If you are the project owner and do not want to receive these reminders, you can turn them off.
To turn off these status update reminders:
- Navigate to the Progress View
- Click the Remind me to update the status every Friday switch
Status updates will appear in the project’s Progress View and Conversations View.
Status update activity
You can find a full history of all project status updates under Activity in the Progress View. If you wish to see full updates, you can either click Show more or Show more activity.
Print or delete updates
To print or delete a status update:
- Click the dropdown arrow beside the status update
- Click Print Status Update or Delete Status Update
You can only delete your own project statuses, not statuses posted by others.
A project’s progress header provides a visual representation of the health of a project.
Beneath a project’s progress header, you can:
- View the number of overdue, incomplete & completed tasks in the project
- View a burn up chart displaying completed vs incomplete tasks over time