Tech Lead, Functional IntegrationsWarsawApply now
Asana’s ecosystem includes a wide range of powerful apps that extend its capabilities and integrate it seamlessly into our users’ workflows. These apps help establish Asana as the shared collaboration infrastructure our customers use to get things done, spanning the full breadth of domains and departments. The Functional Integrations team in the Platform Area owns the apps we build that integrate Asana with the most valuable function-specific (think Operations, Marketing, or IT) tools, enabling experts on those teams to effectively share and communicate their work to the company as a whole.
We’re looking for a seasoned Technical Lead for this full stack engineering team that extends across platforms and products. You’ll work closely with your cross-functional partners to drive the Functional Integrations team’s technical strategy and execution, delivering apps that create tremendous value throughout our customer base.
This role is based in our Warsaw office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Help set a very high technical quality bar while we grow the Functional Integrations team, one of the first engineering teams landing in our Warsaw office
- Own the team’s technical strategy and advocate for engineering-driven investments, with a vision for keeping our systems flexible and maintainable to meet customer needs now and in the future
- Drive the team to continually and holistically better itself, enabling the engineers around you to deliver at a high velocity while helping them grow their skills in the process
- Be a key collaborator with other groups in Engineering and a technical counterpart to the team’s Engineering Manager, serving as a public face and representing our interests across team boundaries
- Work closely with recruiting and our site lead as we expand the team and grow the office: source & interview candidates, help strengthen our engineering talent brand in the region, and onboard new employees
- Collaborate with office leads and be a key contributor to our Warsaw office culture to help keep Asana's workplace balanced, performant, inclusive, transparent, and aligned with our values
- Partner with Product Management, Design, Data Science, and User Research to deeply understand developer needs, then propose and deliver elegant solutions to meet those needs
- Master the art of delegation and scale your impact, aided by our strong team and frameworks like Asana’s Areas of Responsibility (“AOR”) system
- 6+ years of experience working in the technology industry, with 3+ years in team-level technical leadership roles, setting technical direction for the team, owning the end-to-end design and execution of projects, and mentoring other engineers"
- Excellent communication skills and experience working cross-functionally with product management/designers/data scientists, as well as cross-timezone with other offices
- Autonomous and comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then making it happen
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Passionate about mentoring engineers at all skill levels; able to identify technical growth opportunities and deliver thoughtful, candid feedback
- Quick learner and comfortable transitioning between different contexts and codebases, enabling you to jump in and rapidly unblock teammates facing thorny obstacles
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.