Track action items and keep opportunities moving with our sales pipeline template
Managing your pipeline effectively isn’t only about growing it, but also maintaining the opportunities that already exist. With our sales pipeline template, you have an easy way to keep track of account data, notes, and action items to keep everything moving forward—all in one place. With lots of different views, you can zero in on new leads, top accounts, or at-risk opportunities. Asana is flexible enough for sales teams of all sizes to help build and grow their pipeline. Learn more about Asana for Sales and Account Management, or get started with our sales pipeline template with these tips:
- See your pipeline in different views. View our sales pipeline template in a List, Board, Calendar, or Timeline View. Use custom fields to include estimated opportunity value, lead status, and more. Then, filter every view by opportunity size, priority type, account owner, and beyond.
- Track follow-ups and notes with tasks. Traditional CRMs can make it hard to track action items with the rest of your work. With Asana, you can store notes and track follow-ups—all in one place.
- Automate processes to never miss another opportunity. Pair your sales pipeline with Asana Rules, so you never miss another opportunity. Easily add Rules to automatically reassign tasks or update custom fields when certain triggers happen. For example, use Rules to add collaborators to a task when the lead status changes, or to update the priority status based on the estimated value.
- Streamline work across your favorite business tools. Asana integrates with Salesforce so you can create a transparent intake process, remove bottlenecks, and create actionable tasks for all of your stakeholders. With Asana for Salesforce, you can automate crucial sales workflows so you never miss an important step.
- Improve cross-functional collaboration. Sometimes it takes a village to move opportunities forward. Make cross-functional collaboration easier by adding other teammates you partner with to your sales pipeline management project.
Elements of sales pipelines you can manage with Asana
- Revenue pipelines
- Pipeline forecasting
- Sales prospecting
New to sales pipelines in Asana?
All of your questions, answered:
- What is a sales pipeline? A sales pipeline is a way to visualize your sales process, so you can track all of your opportunities as they progress through each sales stage. With our free sales pipeline template, you can get a crystal clear sense of where every opportunity is at all times. Then, share your project with stakeholders so you can track opportunities and land bigger deals.
- How do you calculate a sales pipeline? Think of your sales pipeline as a living document—it should include all of the information you need for each opportunity, whether that opportunity is active, won, or lost. Your sales pipeline should also include sections for your team’s revenue forecasting and sales process.
- What are the stages of a sales pipeline? Every business is different, so the stages of your sales pipeline will depend on what type of business you run. Traditionally, there are seven sales pipeline stages: lead generation, lead nurturing, marketing qualified lead (MQL), sales accepted lead (SAL), sales qualified lead (SQL), closed deal, and post-sale.
- How do I build a sales pipeline? To build an effective sales pipeline, start with our sales pipeline template. Track all of your prospective buyers in one project, then use custom fields to note which stage of the sales pipeline they’re in. As opportunities move through the pipeline, adjust their custom field so you can always accurately track where buyers are in the sales pipeline. Finally, make sure to update your project regularly since it’s your team’s central source of truth.
- How do I improve a sales pipeline? The best sales pipeline is one that your team is constantly using. Make sure your pipeline is up to date so you don’t miss an important touch point and lose an opportunity. You’ll also want to ensure everyone on your team is aligned on your sales pipeline stages. Consider running a training to align on pipeline stages and share sales prospecting tips.
Track your sales pipeline progress with flexible views, native integrations, and automated rules so you can not only manage current opportunities, but grow new ones. Empower your sales team and get started with our sales pipeline template today.