Software Engineer, Core InfraReykjavíkApply now
We’re looking for an experienced Infrastructure Software Engineer with a passion for Site Reliability/Operability. You will work with a world-class team of engineers on deploying and operating existing systems and building new ones for challenges that are unique to our problem space. We are looking for big thinkers and innovators to take on this problem space and deliver impactful solutions.
The Infrastructure team builds the foundation we need to support our web and mobile applications and API. We build and operate the software that enables Asana’s security, scalability, and speed. Each day, we combine industry best practices and innovation to support our product-focused company.
This role is based in our Reykjavik office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Analyze problems, consider alternative solutions/trade-offs, and make key technical implementation decisions to help guide the engineering vision at Asana
- Collaborate with other infrastructure teams to define our service-oriented architecture
- Develop frameworks, services, and the necessary tooling to power our application and enable other engineering teams
- Evangelize good code and solid engineering and operability practices
- Support design reviews, communicate constraints, and help engineers make the right trade-offs
- Develop high-quality code and keep our services up and running by being part of our on-call rotation and investigate and resolving production problems
- Have expertise in programming and computer science, and have an interest in distributed systems
- 4+ years writing and shipping production code
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves and to move towards a shared goal
- Are willing and able to collaborate with different roles and functions across Asana with a keen sense of empathy
- You’re a fast learner and excited to contribute from day one
If you’d like to learn more about what we do—and the way we think—we recommend these links.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between 1,087,500 ISK - 1,680,000 ISK. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.