Inviting a couple of trusted collaborators
If you’ve created your first few tasks and projects in Asana, it’s time to invite a few trusted teammates to try it out with you. We’ve put together a customizable email template that you can send to a select group of teammates to introduce them to Asana. Just follow the instructions below:
- Copy the text in the template below.
- Make sure to fill in and double check bolded text for accuracy. You can also remove anything that isn’t pertinent to your team.
- Further customize the email with your voice and any additional information you want to add about why you are inviting them and what everyone will gain from Asana.
Send the email and schedule a time to introduce your first few teammates to Asana.
I recently signed up for a work tracking tool called Asana and thought you could be a good test group to try it out with. Asana allows teams to break goals and ideas down into actionable tasks, assign that work, and communicate in one place to move work forward. I thought Asana could help us with [solving a specific pain point, achieving a goal, tracking a major initiative, etc.]. Since signing up, I’ve already created [a few tasks and projects].
Sometime in the next day or so, I will send you an invitation to join me in Asana. From there, you’ll receive an email that guides you through the signup process (it’s quick and simple).
Once you’ve signed up for Asana, check out their quick start article to learn the basics. Then I can show you what I’ve done in Asana so far and how we can start using it together. I’m excited to try it out with you.
[Add in any additional information here]
[Closing greeting and your name]
Inviting teammates into Asana
Once you’ve got a group to try Asana with you, there are several ways to invite these teammates to Asana:
- Click the + button under your team’s name in the sidebar.
- Click the orange + button in the top bar and select Invite.
- Click the + button in your team page’s header. You can access this by clicking Team Conversations from the sidebar.