What is Vimeo?
Vimeo is an all-in-one video software solution. The platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate, and communicate.
Why Vimeo + Asana?
Text may get the point across, but written words lack tone, emotion, and expression. With video messaging in Asana, powered by Vimeo, you can give your team all the context they need, without having to schedule another meeting. Record short video messages of yourself, your screen—or both—then embed the videos in tasks, projects, messages, and comments to provide additional clarity and context. A transcript of the recording is automatically created by Asana, making it readable and searchable. Give feedback, ask questions, and assign tasks—all without leaving Asana.
(Coming Soon) With video messaging in Asana, you can:
- Get your team excited about an upcoming project and bring the goals of that initiative to life
- Record demos of product or design walkthroughs to provide details on an upcoming launch
- Share campaign updates and launch overviews to keep cross-functional stakeholders in sync
- Record a welcome video to make onboarding more personal
With embedding videos in Asana, you can:
- Embed any video publicly available on Vimeo to bring creative briefs and project kick-offs to life
How to connect Vimeo + Asana
Here’s how to set up the feature:
(Coming Soon) For video messaging in Asana:
- Open the task where you want to record a video message
- Click the “Description” or “Comment” section
- Then select the “Record a video” icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the toolbar
- From the recording configuration window, select an option: record your screen, yourself, or both
- Once you have chosen your recording option, click “Start recording”
- Once you’ve finished recording, select “Add video” to save your video in the Description or Comment section of the task (for Comments and Messages, you’ll be able to add additional text to describe the video in draft mode, or just send the video on its own)
- Once the video is added, Asana will automatically create and upload a transcript of the recording
For embedding videos in Asana:
- Open the project where you'd like to embed a video
- Click on the “Overview” tab
- In the Key Resources section, click “Create project brief” (note: if there's already a Project Brief, click anywhere on the title)
- When the Project Brief opens, click “Edit” on the top right
- Navigate to the section in the Brief where you'd like to embed a video
- From here, click on “Insert” and then “Media”
- Paste in the URL and click “Embed link” for the video player to expand below it
Note: at this time, you cannot record video messages or receive transcripts of recordings from Project Brief.
Learn more and get support
To learn more about using the Vimeo + Asana features, visit the Asana Guide.
If you have questions, feedback, or need support, contact the Asana Support team.
Collaborate effortlessly with Asana
From the small stuff to the big picture, Asana organizes work so teams know what to do, why it matters, and how to get it done. It’s free to get started, simple to use, and powerful enough to run your entire business. Learn more about Asana today.