What is Typeform?
If you're using Typeform to capture requests, feedback, orders, or anything that requires additional follow-up, then you probably want a way to track all of those responses as they roll in. That's where Asana comes in.
With the Typeform for Asana integration you can easily automate the process of converting Typeform responses into Asana tasks or subtasks. Choose to associate your tasks or subtasks with a particular project so that it's easy to remember where they're stored.
Since Typeform and Asana are both designed with collaboration in mind, this integration allows you to assign roles to certain responses so that you can ensure the right person is notified when they need to follow up. Plus, all of Typeform's questions and responses are stored in each newly created task or subtask so that you and your team members have it on hand for future reference.
Get Typeform + Asana
Here’s what you need to set up the integration:
- A Typeform account
- An Asana account
Here’s how to set it up:
- In order to activate the Typeform for Asana integration, you'll first need to publish the Typeform that you want to connect the integration to.
- Once you click the "Publish" button in the top right corner of your Typeform builder, head over to the "Connect" section. In the Connect panel, scroll down until you see Asana, then click “Connect.”
- First, you'll be prompted to give the Asana integration permission to access your Typeform responses. Click "New Authentication" to begin that process and then click "Accept" in the pop-up that appears. Once you've clicked accept, the next screen will inform you that your Typeform is connected. Click the "Next" button in the bottom right corner.
- Next, you'll be asked to give Asana permission to connect to your Typeform account. Click the "Connect your Asana Account" button and follow the prompts to enter your Asana login credentials. You'll see a green pop-up that says "Authentication for Asana successfully created." Click the "Next" button in the bottom right corner.
- Now you'll choose the Asana workspace where you want to create your tasks and subtasks. You should see all of the workspaces you're connected to in the dropdown menu. Click "Next" once you've selected a workspace.
- Next, choose the Asana project where you'll create new tasks and subtasks. If you want to create tasks and you don't want to associate the tasks generated by your Typeform to a specific project, choose "None" from the dropdown menu. If you want to create subtasks, they must be associated with an Asana project. Click "Next" once you've selected a project from the drop down menu.
- On the following screen, you'll be asked if you want your Typeform responses to generate in Asana as tasks or subtasks. You'll select one of the options from the dropdown menu. Subtasks must be linked to a task and be part of a project. Once you've selected an option, click the "Next" button.
- Now it's time to choose a Section within your Asana project in where you want your tasks to populate. Once you've selected a project, click the "Next" button.
- On the following screen you'll set your assignment rules. You can choose who to assign tasks or subtasks to by default and/or based on assignment rules that map to certain Typeform responses. Both of these steps are optional—just click the "Next" button to skip this step.
- As a last step, map your Typeform questions to your preferred Asana fields. Click the "Finish" button once you're done.
- That's it! Your Typeform for Asana integration is now active. If you want to edit or delete the integration you can do so from the Typeform Connect panel, by clicking the three dots next to the Asana integration.
Learn more and get support
To learn more about using the Typeform Asana integration, visit the Support Page or email their team at email@example.com
This app integration is built by a third-party developer. Asana does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for this integration. Contact the app developer for details and support.