What is Transcend?
Transcend automates fulfillment of data subject requests by orchestrating data across Asana and dozens of data systems.
Fulfill data privacy requests from users in Asana:
Respond to access and erasure data privacy requests from your end-users in seconds, going beyond standard compliance to create breakthrough user experiences.
Zero trust security:
Transcend integrates with Asana through a secure gateway. The gateway integrates with your existing key management systems so that your organization’s secrets and data are kept safe, and Transcend never sees them.
Engineered data privacy infrastructure:
Get real automation at the data layer and stop inefficient manual processes. Conserve valuable legal and engineering resources and ensure your privacy program scales with demand.
Privacy regulation compliance:
Transcend allows you to programmatically access and erase tasks and comments in the Asana platform in accordance with data privacy regulations like GDPR and CCPA.
Get Transcend + Asana
- Log in or sign up for Transcend.
- Navigate to the “Data Map” tab.
- Select “Add data silo.”
- Select Asana.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to log in to Asana. Make sure you have administrative privileges at the organization level for a Premium, Business, or Enterprise Asana account.
- Once you’re connected, navigate to the “Privacy Center” tab to map the data in Asana to your Data Practices. To do this, create a new Category as well as a new Data Collection with the appropriate naming convention (e.g. "User Online Activities"). When you're done, hit “Publish.”
- Navigate back to your Data Map and click on Asana. Expand "Manage Datapoints" and select the Collection Label (Category) you created in the previous step from the dropdown menu. You can also choose which data actions (e.g. access or erasure) to enable for which data points.
- Next, while still viewing the Asana integration in Transcend, expand "Manage Identifiers." Check the respective boxes for which identifiers you'd like enabled.
- You’re done!
Testing your connection
We recommend testing requests across your Data Map before you start processing requests from end-users. To do this:
- Go to the “Privacy Center” tab and click "View your Privacy Center.”
- Click “Take Control,” then “Download my data.”
- Follow on-screen instructions to authenticate yourself and confirm your download request.
- Next, back in the Admin Dashboard, navigate to the “Incoming Requests” tab and select your request.
- Once you've clicked into your request, navigate to the “Data Silos” tab and select Asana. Inspect the data returned.
- Finally, navigate to the “Report” tab and click “Approve and Send.” You should receive the report at the email address you submitted with the request.
Removing the Asana integration
To remove the Asana integration from your Data Map, navigate to the “Data Map” tab, and click into Asana.
- At the bottom of the screen, expand "Remove Asana."
- Click “Remove Silo.”
- Click “Ok” to confirm that you'd like to remove the Asana integration.
For help troubleshooting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more and get support
To learn more about using the Asana Transcend integration, visit the support page or email their team at email@example.com
This app integration is built by a third-party developer. Asana does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for this integration. Contact the app developer for details and support.