Head of AMER Revenue StrategySan FranciscoApply now
We’re looking for an experienced Strategy and Operations leader to lead our Sales Strategy organization supporting the Americas.
The Head of AMER Revenue Strategy, with the team they will lead, will partner with Sales Leadership and GTM teams to define region and segment-level GTM strategy; drive operational excellence; and lead strategic initiatives in support of this high growth business. In this role, you will play a key leadership role in ensuring Asana delivers repeatable, predictable, and scalable value for its customers. You will report to Asana’s Global Head of Revenue Strategy.
What you’ll achieve
- Define Asana’s go-to-market strategy for the AMER region over a 2-3 year time horizon, acting as strategic partner to the GM of AMER
- Translate the 2-3 year go-to-market strategy into a set of decisions, investments, and detailed plans during annual planning season in partnership with Sales and Finance
- Drive data-driven decision making and proactively surface insights to the business. Drive core business cadences to monitor the health of the business (e.g., forecasting, QBRs)
- Identify, own, and execute on strategic initiatives to up-level and unlock growth for Asana’s revenue organization, often working cross-functionally across sales / customer success / operations / marketing / product / people and talent
- Hire, develop, and retain a world-class team
- 10+ years’ relevant experience in strategy, operations, consulting, or similar roles within a SaaS environment
- Experience building and managing multi-layered teams
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and act as a trusted advisor to executive stakeholders
- Experience managing complex projects end-to-end; from inception to design to execution and, ultimately, impact
- Exceptional analytical fluency, communication, and problem solving skills
- Ownership mindset. Willingness to roll up your sleeves and find creative solutions to ambiguous challenges
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.