Product Manager, Design SystemsSan FranciscoApply now
Product managers at Asana drive Asana’s product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions for team productivity and collaboration. We’re defining the Work Management category and inventing new ways for teams to work together more efficiently and see the larger purpose behind their work. At Asana, you’ll work directly with Engineering, Design, Experience Research, and Data Science, as well as with Sales, Support, and Marketing to ship a better product. You’ll take part in every type of product work here — from strategy to product to process improvements — conceptualizing, launching, and iterating on Asana itself for millions of teams around the world.
We are looking for an experienced product manager for our Design System team. On the Design System team, you’ll guide the vision for (and support the quality execution of) the system, foundations, and tools that empower our product designers and engineers to build high-quality, well-designed software. You’ll ensure that Asana is straightforward and easy to use, for individuals and teams at every scale.
You’re a curious product person who has deep empathy for customers and can take on difficult, ambiguous projects where the solution is not clear from the outset. You’re a strategic thinker who can leverage both quantitative and qualitative data to inform your roadmap, and you have a knack for identifying both quick wins and big bets. You thrive on cross-functional collaboration and are excited to partner with design, engineering, user research, product leadership, and the rest of our amazing team.
What you’ll achieve
- Define and deliver a compelling roadmap based on customer needs and strategic opportunities for the Asana design system
- Partner with design, engineering, data science, user research, and marketing partners to ship an excellent product with thoughtful success metrics
- Form strategic partnerships with teams across all groups to ensure successful rollout of system changes, including the prioritization, sequencing, and adoption of the design system in addition to what you directly ship on the Design System team
- Connect the dots across experiences and teams to create a cohesive experience that delights new and existing customers
- 4+ years professional experience managing software products from inception through launch and iteration
- Strategic: inspires the company by creating bold, game-changing ideas and delivering them across a set of customer problems.
- Get Stuff Done: creates, flexes, and evangelizes a roadmap. Thoughtfully breaks down projects to MVPs to maximize customer value with the least amount of work.
- Customer centric: elicits non-obvious customer needs, synthesizes research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem.
- Communication and collaboration: co-creates with teammates to deliver high-quality results. Speaks and writes with clarity.
- Grow Team Asana: mentors others. Creates great team morale. Shares best practices.
- Growth Mindset: leads with curiosity, open to feedback.
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.