At Asana, we’re building collaboration & communication software to help every team in the world become more effective in working together and in enacting their visions.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be building Asana’s features end-to-end, from designing their data models to implementing the subtle interaction behaviors that differentiate good software and great software. Working closely with seasoned UI designers and supported by a world-class software-infrastructure team, you can focus on delighting users with both large new features and (thanks to our continuous deployment architecture) daily small product enhancements.
By leveraging our in-house framework, Luna, you can rapidly build applications with properties like immediate responsiveness and real-time syncing. Luna really changes the way you think about writing Web applications, including the elimination of a separation between “frontend code” and “backend code.” This is an opportunity to use a new paradigm for building interactive software, and to drive the requirements for its ongoing development.
The craftsmanship of product development is deep in Asana’s soul. We work hard to maintain a codebase and a culture that are a joy to work in. Both founders are engineers and still write product code, and Asana will remain a product/technology-focused company.
- Passion for creating a superlative user experience, down to those little details that matter
- Sound judgment for balancing between scrappiness and long-term code maintainability
- Deep knowledge of Web technologies
- Have built a personal productivity tool before out of fun and/or frustration
- Derive joy from abstracting and refactoring
- Strong background in computer science
- Knowledge of a variety of frameworks (server side, browser side, or for desktop software)
- Could convert a mock to HTML/CSS prototype in your sleep
- Experience supporting live production infrastructure, can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong
- An appetite for data: analyzing metrics and designing A/B tests to help drive the company’s decisions
Learn more about Engineering at Asana. Visit our Engineering Site.
Meet Our Team
I've appreciated the opportunity to learn about so many aspects of the company from product to engineering to even culinary; especially since I work in Customer Support!
Asana calls equally on my capacities to love, to imagine, and to manifest. A heart-filled thanks to everyone here for nurturing my self-actualization. Except Mr. Office Killer Robot. He's a jerk.
People always say this, but it really is all about your team. Everyday I get to work with passionate, creative, whip-smart and above all, respectful, people. We're not perfect, but we're pretty darn close.
There are so many brilliant, creative people who are trying to improve the world; by working on the software that they use to stay organized, I can help all of them achieve their dreams.
I am excited to be at Asana because of the amazing team, interesting technologies, and the scope and value of the problem we are trying to solve.