Experience Researcher, GrowthVancouver, BCApply now
The Experience Research team at Asana is focused on understanding the dynamics of modern work, the role technology plays, and how Asana can empower teams to thrive in a collaborative environment. Our work informs teams at every level of the company and drives key roadmap decisions. We partner with Product Design, Product Management, Data Science, Engineering, business, and Marketing teams to get deep insights about our customer's behaviors and attitudes, translating them into actionable recommendations across the company. We think big about new areas, test developing concepts, and evaluate products and services once they’ve rolled out.
You’ll be joining as a member on the Growth Pillar, where we deliver deeply engaging product experiences that drive long-term adoption and ensure all of our users continuously realize the value of Asana, earning us customers for life. Your research will inform decisions and strategic initiatives including visioning and roadmap prioritization for this pillar.
This role is based in our Vancouver office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Guide teams through roadmapping, strategic thinking, and stakeholder alignment, bringing a customer empathy lens to those conversations
- Through your research and leadership skills, ensure that we ship meaningful, informed customer experiences that achieve business goals
- Identify and prioritize research needs and proactively plan your roadmap in partnership with product teams
- Balance tactical and strategic research to deliver high-impact results
- Coach teammates and stakeholders on driving their own high-quality research
- 2+ years of experience practicing UX Research for digital products
- Experience with a variety of research methods applied across the product development cycle
- Able to distill research findings into clear, actionable insights for you and your team
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at various stages in the research cycle
- Quickly build trust and rapport with stakeholders at every level
- Experience working on growth and monetization initiatives
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $109,000 CAD - $168,000 CAD. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.