Community Program Lead, MembershipSan FranciscoApply now
The Asana Marketing team is responsible for fueling business growth and building a brand customers love. We create campaigns and content to attract new accounts and inspire current ones to grow with us. We continue to grow, with a global team focused on revenue and field marketing, product marketing, brand and content creation, advertising, and lifecycle marketing.
As Asana’s Community Program Lead, Membership, you’ll help set the global standards for our membership-based Ambassador program. You’ll co-create the strategic global vision for membership that helps our customers achieve success and directly ties to business impact for Asana (product usage, retention, and growth, influence on ARR, and more), and then work across the community team and beyond to create and execute programs to attract, engage, and retain Ambassadors. Working in concert with the rest of the community team, you’ll also lead our membership program’s tech and tooling, ensuring the entire team is set up for success. With a global remit, your direct reports include community program managers in EMEA, Japan, and Australia.
**This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule**. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements. This role reports to Asana’s Head of Global Engagement Marketing (Community), who is based in San Francisco.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead strategy and execution for global member recruitment, onboarding, messaging, content strategy, and engagement activities, communicating directly with customers and fostering conversations internally at Asana.
- Directly manage a team of regional community leads across multiple time zones.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the community team, teams within marketing (Product Marketing, Marketing Operations and Analytics, etc.), and cross-functional partners like Customer Enablement and Education, to drive engaging activities such as webinars, newsletters, contests, member-generated content, surveys, and our members-only swag store.
- Oversee and manage the technical operations of the community program, including leveraging existing toolsets (Asana, Common Room, Iterable, Slack, Bevy, Snowflake, Skilljar, Salesforce, Shopify, Discourse, and others) and suggest and implement new tools as needed.
- Lead private and public community events (virtual and IRL) on behalf of Asana, acting as a representative of Asana and living the Asana brand.
- Manage conversations, build engagement, and occasionally offer support to customers in member-exclusive channels.
- Manage our global community swag program, including managing swag budget and purchasing.
- Contribute directly to broader marketing efforts and the product roadmap by collecting insights from members.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in partner marketing, social media marketing, community marketing, or B2B marketing (SaaS), including managing team members (ideally remotely or across time zones).
- Understand motivations for people to become part of Asana’s community, and then create, socialize with stakeholders, and implement the strategy for programs to best meet their needs, engage them, and help them perform within it.
- Ability to understand and establish value for community programs, and then utilize data to track and report on their success.
- You are curious and listen well, absorbing different views and capturing diverse requirements before actively setting a course and charging forward.
- Have a problem-solving entrepreneurial mindset combined with strong project management skills, and are accustomed to working to a budget and within strict timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as you’ll be creating content (both on your own and in conjunction with other teams) and representing the Asana brand at online and offline in-person events.
- Experience with community-management tools like Asana, Common Room, Iterable, Slack, Bevy, Snowflake, Skilljar, Salesforce, Shopify, Discourse, and others.
- Ability to travel regionally and globally periodically.
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $207,000 - $279,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.