Engineering Manager, Functional IntegrationsWarsawApply now
Asana’s ecosystem includes a wide range of powerful apps that extend its capabilities and integrate it seamlessly into our users’ workflows. These apps help establish Asana as the shared collaboration infrastructure our customers use to get things done, spanning the full breadth of domains and departments. The Functional Integrations team in the Platform Area owns the apps we build that integrate Asana with the most valuable function-specific (think Operations, Marketing, or IT) tools, enabling experts on those teams to effectively share and communicate their work to the company as a whole.
We’re looking for an experienced, empathetic, and strategic Engineering Manager to lead this full stack engineering team that extends across platforms and products. You’ll work closely with your cross-functional partners to lead the Functional Integrations team in crafting and delivering a vision, strategy, and roadmap that drives tremendous value throughout our customer base.
This role is based in our Warsaw office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Build and grow the Functional Integrations team from seed, as one of the first engineering teams landing in our Warsaw office
- Work closely with recruiting, our site lead, and other managers as we expand the team and grow the office: source & interview candidates, help strengthen our engineering talent brand in the region, and onboard new employees
- Coach engineers in their technical and professional development, ensuring the team maintains a high velocity and technical quality bar
- Collaborate with engineering leaders across the organization and be a key driver for our Warsaw office culture to help keep Asana's workplace balanced, performant, inclusive, transparent, and aligned with our values
- Partner with Product Management, Design, Data Science, and User Research to deeply understand developer needs, and then propose and deliver elegant solutions to those needs
- Master the art of delegation and scale your impact, aided by our strong team and frameworks like Asana’s Areas of Responsibility (“AOR”) system
- 8+ years of experience working in the technology industry, with 3+ years experience managing a technical team
- 3+ years of building user-facing full stack products (integration development preferred)
- Excellent communication skills and experience working cross-functionally with product management/designers/data scientists, as well as cross-timezone with other internal offices
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Autonomous and comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then making it happen
- Care deeply about the happiness, growth, and motivation of your reports
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.