Tech Lead | Senior Software EngineerSan FranciscoApply now
We are looking for a product-focused Tech Lead (TL) to lead our Collaborative Actions team. Collaborative Actions work on building product features and experiences that remove barriers for users to connect and collaborate seamlessly and securely. Our work takes us across the Asana codebase to help strengthen and improve some of the highest impacts and highest visibility parts of the app including invitations, sharing, and permissions.
As TL of Collaborative Actions, you will be responsible for coming up with the technical vision for the team, partnering across functions like Product and Design to prioritize, plan, and drive the execution of our team’s impactful roadmap. You’ll also be helping up-level engineers on the team and helping them make sound technical decisions while helping the team iterate quickly to make these features come to life. The work we do and the decisions we make often unblock other teams’ work, so you’ll often be working with other teams to help sequence and plan initiatives across teams. If you’re interested in driving impact by making collaboration within Asana faster, easier, and more secure, we’d love to hear from you!
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Provide technical leadership to a full-stack engineering team of 4-5 engineers, fostering technical mastery and professional growth.
- Set the technical strategy to deliver on the team’s roadmap by helping scope out the technical work for projects and identifying other technical improvements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure effective collaboration and technical alignment.
- Work with other teams to provide technical guidance and feedback on cross-team initiatives.
- Partner with product, design, and data science to help design solutions to address the needs of our largest customers and ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Mentor and up-level engineers on the team through pairing, code reviews, and team tech talks to promote technical excellence.
- Be the Engineering voice in the room where roadmap decisions are made.
- 5+ years of software development experience with expertise in full stack engineering, including 1+ year of experience as an engineering team technical lead.
- Passion for mentoring engineers of all experience levels and fostering collaboration along with psychological safety amongst team members.
- Proven experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders, including Product Management (PM), Design, and Data Science partners, to manage risks, make tradeoffs, and align on long-term plans.
- Excited to be a part of and help us grow an inclusive culture where everyone brings aspects of themselves to the workplace to thrive and grow.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should reflect the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $202,000-$258,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.