Infrastructure Engineer, Enterprise TechnologySan FranciscoApply now
We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer who has expertise in designing, building, and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform. You will ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud. This role is part of the Integration Team under Asana's Enterprise Technology organization and our mission is to accelerate the business by connecting systems and data seamlessly. The Enterprise Technology team at Asana is responsible for delivering great user experiences through secure, scalable technology, and enabling processes, data, and analytics that power the business and help Asana achieve its mission. To do this, we collaborate deeply with the best minds and teams at Asana that run our business and build our product.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be foundational to how the company operates by supporting Asana's business and finance teams.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Support and operate innovative solutions on AWS, ensuring robust and scalable applications.
- Participate in the design, implementation and optimization of AWS architectures and environments for high performance and security.
- Support the migration and transformation of legacy solutions to cloud-based environments.
- Evangelize the migration of existing solutions towards new Enterprise technology-optimised solutions, leveraging AWS services.
- Design and build CI/CD pipelines, automation services for streamlined deployment, and quality engineering ensuring high availability and reliability.
- Play a crucial role in designing Native Cloud Application Architectures and optimizing applications for AWS.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure smooth deployment, robust security, and optimal performance of cloud solutions.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in designing and building cloud infrastructure.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficient with AWS EC2 and S3: creating, managing, and deleting resources.
- Understanding of VPC and Networking within AWS; experience with RDS, Lambda, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes: managing clusters, nodes, pods, deploying, scaling, and managing applications including persistent storage and networking policies.
- Proficiency with Terraform: Helm and Kubernetes package management: installation and provisioning AWS resources, deploying AWS resources, and integrating in a team environment with CI/CD.
- Experience with SQL and data platforms: Ability to query and perform data analysis on complex data models.
At Asana, we're committed to building teams that include a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, as this is critical to helping us achieve our mission. If you're interested in this role and don't meet every listed requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $173,000 - $221,000.The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the ba.se salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also comply with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws in other locations.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.