Principal Product Manager, NavigationSan FranciscoApply now
The Navigation team builds and improves the most commonly-used parts of the Asana product, to help new teams set up, share, and collaborate on work as quickly and effectively as possible. Their mandate is to make the Work Graph visible across the entire product experience and facilitate seamless orientation in Asana.
This team is working on surfaces that tie together the full product suite, collaborating closely with product owners across surface areas and driving company-wide impact. The program team leadership is deeply experienced and comfortable working across the full product. The work is high-impact, and high-visibility, with bold ARR targets, and a habit of exceeding them. We’re looking for someone with a strong track record of experimentation and growth, and the executive communication and stakeholder management to collaborate effectively to make navigation seamless.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Deliver a roadmap for wayfinding in Asana that helps to drive both early user adoption and long-term engagement.
- Work to validate hypotheses via AB testing to inform overall strategy and help to grow the business.
- Partner with other product owners and customer-facing teams to roll out system-wide feature changes.
- Simplify product experiences to make orienting to the most critical work much easier in Asana.
- Onboard fast to existing work that has high visibility deliverables.
- Partner with your immediate team of senior program leads to deliver on the Q4 roadmap and turn the FY24 vision into concrete roadmap initiatives.
- Experiment quickly and ship quality experiences fast and iterate to grow the business.
- Communicate with teams and stakeholders across the company, including program teams, area leads, and pillar leads.
- Senior PM with over 7 years of experience at leading tech companies driving product growth.
- You’re a mentor and example of best-in-class PM craft to other PMs.
- A polished communicator across all levels, with the ability to manage executive communications in both written and verbal settings, with a strong ability to concisely story tell with data.
- At ease with data and complex experimentation, and have a track record of growth.
- Your teammates describe you as someone with hustle - you’re hungry to find problems and propose great solutions. You’re known for being extremely proactive.
- You’re known as someone who can ship tough, complex product work, and manage tradeoffs. You know when to cut scope or add scope, to deliver customer value and iterate to move metrics as quickly as possible.
- Can easily transition from high-level strategy to the finest details, and balance business needs with customer needs to ship quality products that users love.
- Are customer-centric and comfortable meeting with customers throughout the product process.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $202,000 - $316,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.