Senior Global Billings ManagerSan FranciscoApply now
Asana is building a world-class Billings & Order Management team to help achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. You will be responsible for laying the foundation for a fast-growing company with a significant vision for how to change the world.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Partner with the Deal Desk team to structure deals and provide advice on non-standard billing requests.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies and effectiveness with process improvements, automation, or outsourcing.
- Partner with the Sales (Revenue) team to build a solid foundation for the fast-growing Enterprise quote-to-order process.
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Technology team (Fintech) to scale the Enterprise’s quote-to-order process and on future enhancements.
- Manage the month-end close, including journal entries review and AR & Billings reconciliations between Zuora and Netsuite.
- Establish and maintain SOX controls with detailed documentation on the preparer’s and reviewer’s procedures.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a Global team of Billing Analysts and an offshore external Vendor team to execute the process with excellence.
- Minimum of five years of leadership and billings/order management experience, which includes managing direct reports and an offshore team.
- Experience in working with multi-billion enterprise customers, channel partners, and resellers.
- Prior experience at a public software or SaaS company.
- Knowledge of the ASC 606 revenue recognition standards.
- Four plus years of Zuora Billing platform experience & two plus years of Zuora Revenue (“Revpro”) experience.
- Experience with Netsuite, Salesforce, and CPQ.
- Ability to lead and thrive in a fast-paced pace, ambiguous environment with unstructured requests.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration or Accounting.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $182,000 - $232,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.