Staff AI Software Engineer, Product SecuritySan FranciscoApply now
At Asana, our vision is to harness the power of AI to empower individuals and teams, forge new connections, celebrate shared victories, and enable seamless collaboration among teams worldwide. Therefore the Asana Product Security team is looking for an experienced security engineer with AI & LLM interest to help mature Asana’s product security posture and expand trust with our growing customer base. As a member of the Product Security team, you will embed directly into our AI vertical to ensure what we build is safe for customers to use. You will enable millions of users to work together effortlessly and with confidence that their data is protected using best-in-class security practices.
You will co-own the security of our AI feature set and work directly alongside our AI teams shipping and operating our features safely while drawing in other areas of Security when needed to holistically protect the vertical. You will build strong relationships and be part of those leading our AI strategy and execution and co-create major functionality to enable enterprise adoption of AI in Asana through trust and safety without introducing undue friction.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Ensure Asana’s AI offerings are trusted and safe for customers to use
- Build and integrate software to secure AI offerings where needed in the life cycle
- Support our AI teams with security offerings by leveraging other engineers and programs
- Build and advance an understanding of tactical and strategic AI safety opportunities
- Champion security mindset among developers as the foundation for enterprise AI adoption
- Mentor and lead the security organization in AI/LLM trust and safety matters
- Design and develop clean, beautiful code and leave it better than you found it
- 6+ years of experience, with at least 1 year related to security
- Your knowledge and experience in AI & LLM security remains state-of-the-art
- You have built high-quality software in the critical path of serving customers
- You are a versatile software engineer working individually or through others
- You are passionate about shipping best in class security solutions with the product
- You are confident representing security with various cross-functional stakeholders, yet know when and how to ask others for help
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $202,000 - $316,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.