Engineering Manager, Corporate SecuritySan FranciscoApply now
We are looking for an Engineering Manager, Corporate Security to grow our rapidly expanding Security team here at Asana. You will be guiding your team and ensuring our ambitious security roadmap is achieved to keep Asana users safe.
The Security team ensures that Asana's users and employees are safe from malicious activity and accidental disclosure. We build the systems and tools that enable the rest of Asana to make a great product that our customers love. The Corporate Security team is focused on protecting Asanas and our corporate network and systems by implementing technical controls rather than blaming users.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage our Corporate Security team by providing the resources and coaching they need to execute
- Guide the articulation and execution of Asana’s corporate security program, including architecture, security testing, security reviews, implementation of security controls, and more
- Work directly with the Head of Security and other senior leaders across Asana to set the strategy for your team
- Build processes that scale Corporate Security in a rapidly expanding company, including how incident response is handled on your team
- Recruit for your team and define how it evolves and interacts with the rest of Asana
- Work with teams cross-functionally and align their roadmaps to improve the security posture of Asana
- Support IT teams working on important projects and technologies to be sure they are secure
- 4+ years technical management and leadership experience
- IT systems engineering, network, and security background
- Strong working knowledge of modern endpoint, network, and browser defenses and controls
- Very comfortable with working with stakeholders like IT, Legal, Sales, Marketing, and the rest of Engineering
- You’re interested in building defenses against real world attacks
- Able to balance diverse risk when making decisions
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $220,000 - $336,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.