Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure SecuritySan FranciscoApply now
We’re looking for an Infrastructure Security engineer to help prevent and contain adversarial activity in Asana’s continuously evolving cloud infrastructure. On this team you will partner with our engineering teams to protect and defend Asana’s cloud infrastructure and provide a secure environment for engineering teams to work. You will gain exposure to the internals and best practices for securing applications in the cloud (AWS) and leverage relevant state-of-the-art infrastructure tooling to build durable security solutions. You will proactively build guardrails that enable and protect our teams and customer data, while contributing to the development of innovative strategies that eliminate structural vulnerabilities and improve our defense against threats.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Design, implement, manage and enhance security systems and controls to protect Asana’s infrastructure.
- Identify security issues and vulnerabilities, and collaborate with relevant teams to effectively mitigate potential risks.
- Develop, implement and maintain secure-by-design frameworks that empower engineering teams to build and maintain secure systems.
- Influence engineering initiatives by conducting design and roadmap reviews, effectively communicating security constraints, and assisting teams in making informed trade-offs.
- Stay informed on industry trends, emerging threats, and best practices to ensure that Asana’s security posture remains robust and adapts to the ever-changing landscape.
- Collaborate with teammates and stakeholders to develop both short-term and long-term strategies for risk management.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in infrastructure engineering and security.
- Working knowledge of AWS products and tooling and are comfortable with infrastructure-as-code tooling like Terraform.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire technical rigor and promote best practices across multiple teams.
- Excellent communication skills, allowing for effective collaboration with teammates and other teams within the organization.
- A quick learner who can bring valuable experience and perspective to challenge and improve our security posture.
- A genuine interest in building defenses against real-world attacks to protect Asana’s infrastructure and customer data.
- Seeking a blameless and open work environment where teammates empower one another to achieve shared goals.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $202,000 - $316,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefits packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.