Mid-Market Account Executive, San FranciscoSan FranciscoApply now
Asana’s unique business model and disciplined sales approach enables us to build a user-driven marketing and sales engine that can scale quickly and effectively. We have experience at the forefront of bottom-up enterprise software sales, helping customers scale from initial adoption to large, high-impact deployments.
Asana is looking for a senior sales professional who sets ambitious personal goals and holds themselves accountable to a consistent and repeatable process to achieve them. As a member of our high-performing Mid Market sales team, you will be instrumental in both landing and expanding business with medium and large organizations. The right person leverages strong business acumen and a value selling framework to create an all-in strategy for customers with the power of Asana.
This role is based in our San Francisco office with an office-centric hybrid schedule. Along with most Asanas, you’ll work from this office in person on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Most Asanas have the option to work from home on Wednesdays and Fridays. If you're interviewing for this role, your Talent Acquisition Partner will share more about the in-office requirements.
What you’ll achieve
- Expand revenue within your book of business (up-sell, cross-sell).
- Navigate mid-sized and large organizations to map stakeholders, generate pipeline, build champions, get buy-in and close deals with C-Level and VP-level decision makers.
- Define territory and account strategies that enable sales velocity in partnership with Sales Engineers, Sales Development Reps, Customer Success Managers, Professional Services and Exec Sponsors.
- Develop customer champions to expand usage within new teams and departments.
- Build the instincts to recognize and overcome organizational, financial and behavioral structures and obstacles.
- Experiment with new processes and revenue streams that scale across Asana globally.
- 4-6 years of experience in a b2b closing sales role.
- Full cycle experience required; from prospecting and closing net new logos, to maintaining business, to generating and closing complex sales deployments within existing customer accounts.
- Ability to prioritize sales cycles of varying lengths and depths, convey a clear position on the opportunities you have with each account, and organize/rally a supporting team behind your efforts.
- Passion for being with customers and telling their stories.
- Continually seek and pursue improvement, ability to navigate and thrive in ambiguity, all while prioritizing operational rigor.
- Experience using an outbound sales tech stack.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $123,000 - $157,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
We strive to provide equitable and competitive benefit packages that support our employees worldwide and include:
- Mental health, wellness & fitness benefits
- Career coaching & support
- Inclusive family building benefits
- Long-term savings or retirement plans
- In-office culinary options to cater to your dietary preferences
These are just some of the benefits we offer, and benefits may vary based on role, country, and local regulations. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.