Software Engineer, Workflow EngagementSan FranciscoApply now
We're looking for an experienced, product-driven engineer to join the Workflow Engagement team. We are a scrappy, fast-paced, experiment and data driven product engineering team focused on helping our customers discover and adopt our most powerful features in Asana. Some of the upcoming challenges for this team include re-imagining and providing a consistent and unified way for customers to discover and set-up new workflows, and developing “smart” feature recommendations that are contextual and timely to help our customers supercharge their Asana projects and reduce “work about work”. This is a greenfield area that will provide ample opportunity for you to directly drive a lot of immediate impact for Asana users.
The Workflow Engagement team does full stack work, so you should be comfortable working on the UI and in the backend. You’ll work closely with our team of Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists, User Researchers, and of course a top-notch engineering team as you iterate to ensure the success of our projects.
What you’ll achieve
- Participate in every step of the product development process and collaborate with cross-functional leads
- Consistently make contributions to accelerate the velocity and impact of the team’s initiatives
- Develop clean, simple code, participate in code reviews with the team, and leave the codebase better than you found it
- Grow and impact the careers of other software engineers around you
- Grow and develop your career in partnership with a mentor, your manager, and other functional leads
- Collaborate with many other teams across Asana to help them drive adoption of their features
- 3+ years of experience working as a technical contributor in a full-stack environment
- Excited to work across the stack and learn about new technologies
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams and cross-functional partners
- Sound judgment when balancing moving quickly with producing sustainable code
- Excited about rapid iterative development and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Passionate about creating a cohesive user experience and attentive to details
- Excited to work in a unique problem space that involves building user-facing experiences that span multiple different features and drive significant business impact. Previous experience working on growth, adoption, rapid experimentation related teams is a plus.
- Deep care for fostering collaboration and psychological safety among team members
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $171,000 - $209,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.