Tech Lead, Frontend InfrastructureSan FranciscoApply now
Asana’s front-end infrastructure organization’s mission is to enable delightful front-end experiences for our end customers. Teams that work in this area both directly contribute to, and empower other Asana engineers in, leveraging cutting-edge industry technologies and best practices to make Asana more performant, more accessible, and more scalable. Over the past couple of years, we’ve shipped product-defining projects (such as code splitting to improve our initial page load performance), enabled critical customer use-cases, and maintained frameworks that are used daily by other engineering teams at Asana.
What you’ll achieve
- You’ll lead a team that builds the tools, frameworks, and infrastructure to enable other engineering teams to be the best front-end engineers they can be.
- You’ll be able to to roll up your sleeves and directly tackle gnarly, highly impactful and visible front-end and full-stack challenges that have company-wide impact.
- You’ll be a driver in Asana’s long term front-end infrastructure vision & strategy, both as a challenge to leverage greenfield opportunities to do impactful work and as a way to influence how frontend is built at the company level.
- You’ll have a direct impact on the happiness and efficiency of our customers, both internal co-workers and external end users.
- 6+ years of experience working in software engineering, with at least 2+ leading initiatives and projects.
- You have experience setting direction for and leading large initiatives (spanning across multiple teams, and perhaps organizations) in your current or previous roles, and excel at cross-functional stakeholder management and being able to influence other teams to achieve effective business outcomes.
- You are comfortable diving into and navigating complex code and systems that are unfamiliar to you, and are able to identify and build roadmaps for areas of impact even with that ambiguity, setting expectations with and leveraging others when necessary.
- You communicate clearly to technical and non-technical audiences and stakeholders. This is important for this role especially given how cross-team we collaborate.
- You enjoy mentoring and supporting engineers on the team around you.
- You have experience working on and leading projects that are full-stack in nature, touching both front-end web application code and their supporting back-end counterparts.
- You have experience working on or are passionate about how teams build for the front-end.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $202,000 - $316,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.