Senior Product Manager, ReportingNew York CityApply now
We are looking for an experienced, senior product manager to lead our reporting team, where you will develop and deliver a bold strategic vision for data-driven insights across Asana. You’re an experienced product leader who has a deep empathy for customers, and excels in complex systems thinking to create a seamless customer experience. You thrive on cross-functional collaboration and are excited to partner with engineering, design, user research, product marketing, product leadership, and the rest of our amazing PM team.
The Product Management team drives Asana’s product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions for team productivity and collaboration. We’re helping to define the Work Management category and inventing new ways for teams to work more efficiently together and see the larger purpose behind their work. Our team works directly with Engineering, Design, Experience Research, and Data Science, as well as with Sales, Support, and Marketing to ship great products. You’ll take part in every type of product work here — from strategy to product to process improvements — conceptualizing, launching, and iterating on Asana itself for millions of teams around the world.
What you’ll achieve
- Define and deliver a compelling roadmap that delivers on our customers’ most critical reporting needs across Asana
- Synthesize inputs from customers, user research, and business partners to develop a durable strategy for reporting at Asana - making it effortless for customers to understand the health and progress of work.
- Partner with engineering, design, and other functions to execute on roadmaps with high velocity
- Maximize clarity by bringing a data-driven mindset to setting goals and milestones
- Mentor new PMs and share best practices with the team
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Technical Product Manager, or equivalent. Experience building for complex data models and visualizations, enterprise-focused UX, and B2B platforms preferred. Experience with BI tools like Tableau or Power BI are a bonus.
- Systems thinker: You can conceptualize valuable connections between Asana’s work management platform, reporting integrations, and dashboards to deliver critical work insights to our customers.
- Strategic: You inspire the company by creating bold, intuitive work connections within the platform and scoping them to solve the most critical customer problems.
- Get Stuff Done: You create, flex, and evangelize a roadmap; thoughtfully break down projects to MVPs and iterative projects to ship with high velocity and business impact.
- Customer-centric: You analyze our top customer personas; dig into the roots of customer needs; synthesize research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem.
- Communication and collaboration: You partner with cross-functional teammates to deliver high-quality results. You speak with clarity and write sharp product specs. You are highly comfortable getting into deep technical discussions with engineers about the pros and cons of different approaches, and you pair with design on complex user flows.
- Grow Team Asana: You are a mentor for others; create great team morale; share PM best practices.
- Growth Mindset: You lead with curiosity and are open to feedback in order to learn.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $202,000- $258,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.