Head of Content DesignSan FranciscoApply now
Asana is looking for an exceptional content design leader to cultivate and grow the practice, shaping content design at Asana. As part of our world-class design team, you’ll play a critical role supporting millions of users to adopt, use, and benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
In this role, you will coach an experienced team of content designers, collaborating with creative and technical partners to deliver clear, empathetic, engaging content experiences that are customer-focused and align to strategic business objectives. You’ll shape foundational content design patterns, guidance, and systems to scale the practice and ensure consistency and quality across the product development process. You’ll partner with other writing disciplines to ensure a cohesive voice across all of Asana. You’ll work to continually improve our content, evolve our product voice, and ensure velocity and craft. And you’ll help shape the product by creating useful, meaningful user experiences.
About the design team
We design the future of teamwork. Asana has a bold, ambitious mission: help humanity thrive by enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. Our design team is at the heart of that mission.
Asana Design is an inclusive and collaborative community. We’re a diverse group of designers from different backgrounds (product, brand and content design, design operations, producers, motion design, film, copywriting). We are a team that loves combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a human-centered design process to produce designs that are core to the power of our applications. We partner with people across Asana to create our product, shape our brand, and drive greater impact through design. We use design to solve challenges and create experiences that customers love. We also take the time to get weird and have fun along the way.
We believe every designer should have the opportunity to grow and learn by utilizing their strengths and nurturing their interests.
Learn more about our team
- Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging
- How we’ve designed a culture that fuels our business results
- How I advanced my career through AsanaUP
- How we use (and don’t use) job titles at Asana
What you’ll achieve
- Own the end-to-end experience of content in an award-winning product, leading, coaching, nurturing, and growing Asana's Content Design team
- Partner closely with Designers, Product Managers, User Researchers, product marketers, and engineers as they build and ship features and solutions
- Offer a content design perspective throughout the product development process, influencing strategic decisions across product to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency in the customer experience
- Work across teams to drive consensus and advocate for solutions that balance the needs of our users with our business goals
- Create, shape, and evolve content standards, voice and tone guidelines, and other key frameworks that scale and elevate the Asana’s content experience
- Evangelize the Content Design practice across the company
- Experience career growth and personal development with world-class mentorship and development programs
- 7+ years of editorial and/or UX writing experience at a high tech, SaaS product-driven company with a global user base and 3+ years of experience managing Content Design/UX writing teams
- Has partnered closely with UXR to conduct quantitative experiments and qualitative user studies to create the most effective content for our users
- Promotes content design in the broader community of design and content professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation writing, and delivery skills
- Driven self-starter with excellent organizational skills who can drive content projects from start to finish and ability to achieve consistency
- Ability to present and sell your ideas, create coalitions, and build support with a solid understanding of user experience design principles and interaction patterns
- Expertise in UX writing for digital products: microcopy, user education, new features, and product launch content; experience with information architecture
- Experience creating and overseeing voice and tone guidelines for web and mobile applications
- Creative problem-solver who approaches problems with curiosity and can lead large content efforts coupled with the capability to juggle and prioritizing many projects simultaneously
- Enjoy mentoring more junior team members, proven ability to grow more experienced content designers, and ability to lead by example to help others adopt best practices
What we'll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $235,000 - $368,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.