Sr. Director of Product DesignNew York CityApply now
Asana is looking for a phenomenal design leader to shape the future of the product. We are looking for a leader who cares deeply about growing our design team while ensuring velocity and a high level of execution and craft. In this role, you will lead the product experiences for the core product across web, mobile, and desktop platforms to make Asana an innovative and premier tool for coordination and collaboration for our largest customers.
Reporting to the Co-Head of Design, you will partner with cross-functional leaders across Product Management, Engineering, Business, Research, and Data Science to help shape our product, culture, and processes. You’ll be responsible for helping your team elevate their craft, ensuring that we have the right strategy and that the teams are solving the right problems with the best solutions in service of our customers and business.
What you'll achieve
- Grow, mentor, and lead a talented and diverse team of design managers and product designers in our SF and New York offices.
- Partner with cross-functional partners to establish vision, strategy, roadmaps, metrics, and goals for the Core product.
- Help define strategy and objectives and set the vision for the user experience to meet customer and business needs.
- Guide and accelerate your team, oversee multiple workstreams, and connect the dots between cross-org products for your team to deliver a cohesive customer experience.
- Be the champion for product excellence.
- Collaborate with design leadership to evolve our process, tools, and systems to ensure we’re creating great, consistent work.
- 10+ years experience in product design with 3 years experience managing managers.
- A strong portfolio that showcases a track record of design leadership, end-to-end experience ownership, and design excellence.
- Strong customer advocacy with a penchant for data and business-informed design.
- Focus on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and your organization.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $326,000-$440,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.