Lead Corporate Security EngineerSan FranciscoApply now
We are looking for a Lead Corporate Security Engineer to oversee our cross-functional IT and Security initiatives. In this role, you will be able to drive the maturation of Corporate Security at Asana by leading key projects, providing subject matter expertise, and building out systems and processes. You will work with the Security and IT teams to prevent data loss, detect suspicious activity, and keep Asana’s employees and assets safe. Working on the Detection, Investigations, and Response org, you will own the corporate Security vertical.
What you’ll achieve
- Develop, deploy, and manage tools to secure and monitor our corporate assets, including ownership of Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
- Own the security approach for Identity Management, championing Security best practices, including championing Webauthn MFA adoption.
- Provide subject matter expertise to our IT and Security teams to effectively prioritize top risks to the organization.
- Help mature our identity management systems and processes, ensuring proper Security of user accounts and identities across Asana
- Participate in and help mature our incident response process.
- Review and provide Security recommendations for proposals for our Finance, People Ops, and Legal systems and processes.
- 5+ years working in Security on a Security-focused IT or Engineering team
- Strong communication skills, including empathy and the ability to speak to a diverse number of stakeholders effectively
- Experience in project management and strong work organization skills
- Competency and interest in writing clear documentation and proposals
- A risk-based approach to prioritization, rather than checkbox ticking
- Experience with identity management: Okta and current identity management best practices
- Solid automation and scripting skills (Bash, Python, or similar)
- Able to balance risk and get things done
- Rethinking the org chart: Areas of Responsibility (AoRs)
- Distributed responsibility: An engineering manager’s perspective
- The Pyramid of Clarity
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $158,000 - $246,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.