Group Tech Lead, CoordinateNew York CityApply now
We are looking for a Senior Staff Software Engineer (Area Tech Lead) to take on a key technical leadership role for a group of teams focused on making it effortless for teams to plan and track work together. As an Area Tech Lead you’ll provide technical leadership to a group of full stack engineering teams. Some of the focus areas for these teams include: improving core project experience, increasing the power of tasks and subtasks, and creating powerful, flexible, and smart attributes (i.e. Custom Fields) that reflect the real-world properties involved in their work.
What you’ll achieve
- Provide technical leadership to 3 product engineering teams
- Act as a technical partner to an Engineering Director and collaborate on – strategic engineering planning, roadmap sequencing, and prioritizing technical investments
- Partner with Product Management, Design, and Engineering Management to define area-level upcoming projects and strategy
- Collaborate with front-line Engineering Managers on – creating growth opportunities for their reports, solutions to address technical skill gaps, and providing technical feedback on their reports
- Act as a resource for team-level tech leads on topics like longer-term technical planning, design & architecture, and prioritizing tech debt
- 5+ years of experience working as a technical contributor in a full-stack environment
- 1+ years of experience as a technical leader for multiple engineering teams.
- Practiced at owning and delegating technical design decisions
- Experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders and PM/Design/Data Science partners to manage risks, make tradeoffs and align on long-term plans
- Excited to work on core product with cross app impact and working with stakeholders to build alignment and long term technical plans
- Passionate about coaching and mentoring engineers of all experience levels
- Deep care for fostering collaboration and psychological safety among team members
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings the aspects of themselves to the workplace that they need to thrive
- Ability to debug off-track teams or projects when necessary
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $202,000 - $316,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.