Product Designer, MobileSan FranciscoApply now
We're looking for a Product Designer who is excited by our mission of designing the future of teamwork. With millions of teams using Asana across the globe, our work has only just begun. Join us on a journey of driving clarity for teams, individuals and executives. As designers we are streamlining how teams get work done in a more efficient, effective and delightful way. You’ll make it as simple as possible for teams big and small to realize the value of Asana. This designer will join at an exciting time for mobile as we are looking to refresh our mobile designs to be uniquely optimized for mobile use cases. We want a product designer to help us level up the experience and set a foundation of the Asana mobile experience for the future.
In this role, you’ll be the customer's voice as you collaborate with Engineering, Product, Experience Research, Data Science, and business partners to build compelling, beautiful and innovative products on mobile platforms. You will solve problems with cross functional partners within your team and horizontally across various design teams in Asana, that enable designers to do their best work. As part of a product-driven and design-led company, you'll play a key role in a team of Product Designers owning core product development from inception to iteration and post-launch reflection. If you’re looking for scope, influence and the opportunity to do high-quality work in your next role, this is it.
About the design team
We design the future of teamwork. Asana has a bold, ambitious mission: help humanity thrive by enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. Our design team is at the heart of that mission.
Asana Design is an inclusive and collaborative community. We’re a diverse group of designers from different backgrounds (product, brand and content design, design operations, producers, motion design, film, copywriting). We are a team that loves combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a human-centered design process to produce designs that are core to the power of our applications. We partner with people across Asana to create our product, shape our brand, and drive greater impact through design. We use design to solve challenges and create experiences that customers love. We also take the time to get weird and have fun along the way.
We believe every designer should have the opportunity to grow and learn by utilizing their strengths and nurturing their interests.
Learn more about our team
- Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging
- How we’ve designed a culture that fuels our business results
- How I advanced my career through AsanaUP
- How we use (and don’t use) job titles at Asana
What you’ll achieve
- Lead the design of end-to-end experiences for Asana products and features in mobile platforms.
- Partner with cross-functional partners to identify customer problems, establish vision, set strategy, build and ship solutions
- Champion product excellence. Elevate the quality bar for our experience and contribute to our design system
- Work across the organization to ship experiences that are cohesive with the broader Asana product experience, ensuring your design scales
- Facilitate and role model human-centered problem solving. Foster co-creation across the organization
- Learn new methods to solve deeply complex problems in the service of inventing new ways to deliver our customer benefits: flow, efficiency, and engagement
- Help shape a product that is intuitive and elegant, which speaks from a unified voice
- 4-5+ years of experience in product design
- A strong portfolio that showcases a track record of shipping high-quality interaction and interface design work on
- Creative problem-solver that embraces divergent and iterative methods in order to evolve concepts from raw ideas to beautiful polished designs
- Experience designing innovative products and shipping across mobile platforms, web and desktop. Mobile focused experience is a plus.
- Skilled in driving a human-centered design process, clearly communicating design work with solid rationale informed by research and data, and working collaboratively to ship end-to-end features at scale
- You embody openness, curiosity, and a growth mindset
- Customer-centric: elicits non-obvious customer needs, synthesizes research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $182,000 - $232,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.