Senior Product Manager, AccessibilityNew York CityApply now
We are looking for a senior product manager for our Accessibility team. Asana’s mission is to help humanity thrive by enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. Making the Asana product accessible and inclusive to the estimated one billion people worldwide affected by a disability is a core part of that mission.
On the Accessibility team, you’ll be leading a high-priority and rapidly growing effort, with the opportunity to shape the direction of accessibility at Asana. We are entering the next phase of our accessibility journey, and we are looking for a candidate who is excited about leveraging their a11y domain expertise to help us sustainably and effectively scale our program. You will bring a platform mindset to the role, valuing the empowerment of all teams at Asana to build and maintain accessible features. As a leader you thrive on cross-functional collaboration and are excited to partner with engineering, design, user research, sales, data science, and the rest of our amazing PM team.
What you’ll achieve
- Define and lead the strategy for shaping and effectively scaling an accessibility program that both empowers product teams to build accessible features and addresses customer needs.
- Work with leaders across the organization to maintain alignment and clarity around our accessibility objectives and commitments.
- Be the champion of our customers. Use customer insights and knowledge of assistive technologies to ensure we’re balancing compliance requirements with user experiences that elevate the usability of the product as a whole.
- Bring our Enterprise customers with us on our journey by maintaining trust in our commitments and leveraging customer relationships to validate and co-create our accessibility roadmap.
- Embed accessibility as a part of Asana’s ethos by advocating for accessibility as a shared core competency. The core Accessibility team can’t and shouldn’t go it alone; it will take rallying everyone at Asana to achieve our accessibility ambitions!
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager or equivalent experience. Experience building and scaling accessibility programs is a plus.
- Leadership: You have a proven ability to lead a group of people or an organization to achieve ambitious objectives. You create and execute effective plans in line with an organization's objectives, and motivate & inspire others towards an articulated vision.
- Customer Centric: You have a passion for being with customers and telling their stories. You have a deep understanding of assistive technology users’ needs and evangelize a shared sense of customer empathy. Business needs are able to be balanced with the customer experience.
- Get Stuff Done: Our accessibility objectives are ambitious and you have the ability to recognize and create opportunities and to act accordingly. You have a demonstrated ability to autonomously hop in and problem solve across a wide array of projects, flexing your skills to help where needed.
- Creative Problem Solving: You recognize that compliance does not equal usability and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo. You provide leadership to creatively solve complex problems with your fellow leads, demonstrating the ability to generate several ideas or solutions and reject false tradeoffs.
- Managing Stakeholders: You collaborate effectively with cross-functional teammates and company leaders. You consistently create and maintain clarity across the organization, leveraging your subject matter expertise to drive decisions.
- Systems thinking: You systematically approach problems, ensuring we sustainably and effectively build accessibility into Asana’s product development process.
What we'll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $202,000 - $316,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.