Senior Software Engineer, Backend FrameworkSan FranciscoApply now
The Framework Engineering team builds the internal platform, abstractions and APIs that power all parts of the Asana web application. From client performance libraries to data loading APIs, these frameworks empower product engineers to easily build highly-reactive and fast product features at scale.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help make our engineering team move even faster. You’ll use your engineering experience to identify points of friction and design new approaches which are easier and safer to use. You’ll create new APIs balancing their ease of use with making them powerful enough to support Asana’s featureful web application. You will work with our world-class team of engineers to enable new functionality, and influence the direction of software development patterns across the organization.
What you'll achieve
- Design, build and iterate on frameworks that affect every aspect of the Asana product
- Partner with product engineering teams to identify opportunities to enable teams to develop faster at Asana, and help the company achieve our goals faster.
- Analyze complex systems to uncover issues, root causes and points of improvement
- Champion code quality and best practices, through your role model behavior and through the frameworks you built
- 4+ years of software engineering experience, with experience working on technical initiatives aimed towards developer productivity
- 2+ years experience on a platform or frameworks team
- Experience driving complex technical projects, sometimes spanning multiple teams, and you know when to ask for help and find answers from other people
- Experience mentoring others on the team
- Learn quickly and are comfortable regularly transitioning between different areas of a large codebase
- Curious to learn about new technologies and systems, and teach others
- Able to make and articulate technical tradeoffs in decisions that have cross-cutting impact.
- Focus on establishing and spreading high quality software engineering patterns
- Familiar with GraphQL ecosystem and TypeScript or Scala (preferred)
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves
What we'll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $162,000 - $246,400. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.