Head of Technical Program Management (CIO Org)San FranciscoApply now
We are looking for a Head of Technical Program Management to join the CIO organization to help develop key processes and drive programs from incubation to launch. The team is responsible for delivering scalable efficient processes, infrastructure, technology and insights that help Asana achieve its mission. In addition, we partner with across the company to drive transformations that result in growing our business, organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
This individual must possess the ability to juggle multiple projects in various life-cycles with high business acumen. We’re looking for someone who has experience working with both rapidly scaling high-growth startups, as well as established larger companies, so you can bring the best of these worlds and connect it to what and how we do things at Asana. This role will report directly to our Head of Strategy and Operations.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead the effort in driving innovation and accelerating delivery through continuous evolution of an Agile PMO, including oversight of portfolio intake, management, and optimization.
- You will attract, develop and inspire a team of program and project managers that business teams feel they can’t live without.
- You will work as a player-coach with your team to deliver continuous business value to our partners and communicate a cohesive portfolio vision and strategy with our executive staff and their direct leadership teams.
- You connect goals, objectives and teams together and work in close partnerships to create a technical program management strategy and process improvement roadmap
- Work with business sponsors to develop project roadmaps that align with business objectives/priorities and take into account resource availability
- Overall responsibility for planning, executing, tracking and managing cost, schedule, and scope for all projects in the portfolio
- Drive improvements in scaled Agile delivery and software development practices/processes within teams and across the organization
- Coaching and mentoring team, technology and business leaders on Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices
- 5+ years in a program management leadership role as a Director or head of the PMO organization.
- 15+ years of enterprise technology projects delivery and experience in supporting Revenue, Marketing, Finance, Customer Experience, Legal, and People Ops domains.
- Strong background in leading agile delivery for enterprise technology products, as well as experience overseeing traditional IT programs.
- Keen understanding and curiosity of SaaS business models and its product development lifecycle (infrastructure, software, or data services).
- A customer-centric mindset and always asking how our work is improving the lives of our customers (internal or external)
- Thorough understanding of the project lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment without being dogmatic.
- Knowledge of agile-aligned methodologies (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, Lean-Agile, etc.). Preferred Certifications in PMP, Scrum Master, Product Owner, SAFe, or equivalent
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike across the company.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $234,000 - $316,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.