Director of Engineering - Connect AreaSan FranciscoApply now
At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly and do great things together. We work closely with designers and PMs to build and continuously improve the Asana experience for all our customers. We’re involved in the entire product process, from conception to post-launch reflection. We have deep empathy for both our coworkers and our users, to understand how we can work better together to help others work better together.
The Workflow organization’s mission is to make the right connection between our customers, their tools, and their processes. We're looking for a kind, effective, and experienced leader to take on a key engineering leadership role for a set of teams (collectively known as the Connect area) whose vision is to enable teams to support higher-complexity workflows with integrations, automations, and customizations. In this role, you will partner closely with other Engineering, Product & Design leaders, as well as with many of our Business teams and end customers, to help set and deliver on this vision & strategy. In setting a vision for the organization, you will develop a culture of excellence, grow leaders, and inspire innovation. Some of the areas of focus for these teams are: defining & building a vision for apps & integrations adoption, enabling Asana to easily & repeatedly build a large number of integrations, and building out the highest-value strategic integrations & the platform that enables data to easily flow between 3rd party tools & Asana.
What you’ll achieve
- You'll be responsible for 3 full-stack engineering teams
- Partner with PM and Design leads to create a vision and strategy for your area and plan for scaling your organization
- Work directly with our Business teams (Sales, Partners, Technical Service, etc.), 3rd party vendors, and end customers
- Lead your teams with clear strategic direction and operating conditions, and coach the next generation of technical leaders & managers at Asana
- Contribute to organization-wide initiatives as a part of the engineering leadership team
- You have successfully managed senior managers and tech leads with a wide range of experiences. You can effectively shape your coaching and mentoring style to guide the leaders in both personal and career growth
- You are an empathetic leader with a track record of developing your team while delivering business results
- You are comfortable making decisions with nuanced, complicated data, but also with user research and product intuition
- You are an excellent partner to functions ranging across the company and have a track-record of upleveling your cross-functional partners and product and business thinking across the organization
- You communicate well to people of different backgrounds, can manage expectations, and influence other teams' behaviors.
- You are able to scale yourself and your organization, clearly defining responsibilities while planning for people and team growth.
- Experience building SaaS products is desirable.
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $306,000 - $414,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.