Head of Global EquitySan FranciscoApply now
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Global Equity to join our team who will oversee all aspects of the equity function, including leading a team of stock administration professionals. You will partner closely with Finance, Payroll, People, and other cross-functional teams to influence & drive results. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and welcomes the opportunity to make an impact in a dynamic and evolving organization.
Based in San Francisco, this role will report to our Head of Corporate Legal and requires someone with deep stock administration experience and experience supervising and training a team of stock administrators. This is a key and highly visible role that works closely with Asana’s Finance and People teams to proactively manage the equity function and educate Asanas about their stock based compensation. This is a great opportunity to join a mission-driven company, gain experience in scaling a function, and offers exposure to a wide variety of issues.
You’ll be joining a Legal team that works cross-functionally to help achieve Asana’s mission of enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. The Legal team is a collaborative group responsible for partnering with all teams throughout the organization to provide legal guidance enabling Asanas to achieve their goals in service to our mission. We run ideas past each other, problem-solve together, and partner with other groups to navigate through challenging issues. Our team is fun, fast paced, and we aim to find the silver linings and joy in the work we do.
What you'll achieve:
- You’ll manage all aspects of Asana’s global equity administration function, including stock incentive plans and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) programs both inside and outside of the US.
- Manage the daily administration of our global stock incentive plans and be the primary point person for stock-related tasks, projects, employee queries.
- Manage and review the processing of stock option and RSU grants, cancellations, and exercises on a timely basis for all Asanas and directors.
- Maintain and ensure data integrity of the company’s equity data via E*TRADE Equity Edge, and ensure accuracy at all times, including the process and reconciliation of grants, exercises, new hire, terminations/cancellations, and audits.
- Manage and ensure the completeness and accuracy of internal controls and procedures for stock-based compensation in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Ensure all forms of equity compensation are administered in accordance with terms and conditions of our stock incentive plans.
- Prepare and ensure completion of essential month-end and quarter-end reconciliations of global equity data.
- Generate reports to support SEC reporting and other management reporting.
- Assist with the annual audit process and quarterly reviews of equity award disclosures, annual statutory audits, and global internal and external audits.
- Ensure compliance with all domestic and international laws for income and tax withholdings for stock options, RSUs, and ESPP.
- Liaise with our transfer agent to maintain updated reporting, ensure timely settlement of trades, and assist in execution of trading instructions and other transfer agent activities.
- Manage the relationship and work closely with outside service providers, such as our equity systems vendor, transfer agent, and broker service providers.
- Manage projects and external providers to support timely and accurate data processing as well as automation of routine work streams and manual processes.
- Design and deliver educational sessions, presentations, and communication materials for our global employees to support understanding of equity programs and policies.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in stock administration, majority in a publicly traded company.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or similar preferred.
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP), Level 3 preferred.
- Strong working knowledge and demonstrated experience with stock options, RSUs, and ESPP.
- Experience managing global equity plan compliance, i.e. global year-end filings, qualified plans, deferred awards, and mobile employee taxation.
- Experience in end-to-end internal audits, project management, controls evaluation, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong supervisory skills in team management.
- Strong executive presence/presentation skills and ability to build relationships.
- Strong customer focus, organizational skills, work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Track record of taking initiative and having the ability to work independently, handle multiple projects with competing deadlines, and able to thrive in ambiguity and embrace growth.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality in an open and transparent environment.
- Great communicator that is comfortable liaising with multiple teams to solve problems and promptly answer questions.
- Demonstrated experience in responding and resolving employee inquiries on stock and ESPP quickly and accurately.
- Able to build relationships and effectively partner with Finance, Payroll, People, and Legal teams.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and work under tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational, analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail required.
- Collaborative and solutions-oriented with a growth mindset.
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.