Engineering Manager, Infrastructure PlatformSan FranciscoApply now
We are looking for an engineering manager that is passionate about helping their team members contribute more and develop not just as engineers, but also as human beings. You will focus on developing your team through compassionate leadership and nurturing a growth mindset. You are as enthusiastic about building your team through mentoring, coaching, and hiring as you are about the challenging technical problems that your team will solve.
The Infrastructure Platform team works to maximize velocity for engineers who interact with Asana’s infrastructure by automating, modernizing, and simplifying our systems.. Infrastructure Platform is responsible for the tooling and deployment frameworks for Asana’s production services. The team’s charter includes evolving our in-house Kubernetes framework, productionizing our AWS Lambda tooling, and simplifying our AWS infrastructure. The team strategizes on build vs buy decisions vs open-source tooling when adding new features to balance maintenance cost and developer experience.
In this role, you will lead and mentor a world-class team of engineers on building frameworks to manage Asana’s infrastructure, deployment, and build systems. You will take an active role in thinking and executing on how we, as an engineering organization, build and operate new services across our infrastructure
What You’ll Achieve
- Manage the Infrastructure Platform team with 5 engineers with a high median of experience (and its future growth), including the technical lead
- Mentor engineers to help them solve their own problems and aid them in growing in their careers
- Partner with infrastructure teams to gather requirements, and solve their problems
- Help ensure our infrastructure workflows remain stable and fast; help identify new tooling to further enable our infrastructure teams; help the team conduct root cause analyses and post mortems for platform failures
- Help the team identify opportunities for simplifying our infrastructure deployment tooling
- Recruit for and grow the team
- Define how the team evolves and interacts with the rest of Asana
- Guide the team’s roadmap toward short- and long-term impact
- Ability to strategize on multi-quarter technical decisions on our infrastructure deployment systems
- Partner with the team’s Tech Lead to scope the team’s roadmap and set and deliver against their goals
- Familiarity with AWS, Kubernetes, and/or Serverless Infrastructure
- 7+ years of engineering experience with 2+ years managing a technical team
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and doing it
- Thoughtful, especially with regard to the long-term consequences of your decisions
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.