Strategic Account ExecutiveNew York CityApply now
Asana is a global leader in Work Management with over 135,000 paying customers in 195 countries and strong adoption within the Fortune 100. Building on over a decade of PLG success, Asana's Enterprise Sales teams are focused on driving sales-led Executive relationships that result in large-scale adoption of the Asana platform, and most importantly, business impact for our customers, their employees and partners.
Asana is looking for a Strategic Enterprise Account Executive to grow and expand Asana within our largest and most complex global customers. As a part of the top sales team within Asana, you and your dedicated pod will create and own the building of a comprehensive account strategy and execution plan, with the goal of securing C-level sponsorship and broad expansion of Asana across the organization. You'll have a team of cross-functional specialists dedicated to your customers and your success - Customer Success, Sales Development, Solution Engineering, Customer Enablement, Renewals, etc., but you'll also have direct access to, and work closely with, Asana's Executive Leadership team and Board of Directors.
This is an incredibly dynamic, career-defining opportunity that will make an exceptional impact on Asana and our customers. The ideal candidate will have a unique combination of sales, technical, business and management skills: a strong growth-mindset, strong business+SaaS acumen, excels when moving fast, is able to connect dots top-down + bottom's up, drives execution and accountability with teammates, and thrives when building. Previous experience selling to large Enterprises (50k+ employees) is desired, and experience working for large B2B SaaS sales as well as fast-paced start-up environments is ideal.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Leading a dedicated pod aligned to a small amount of Asana's largest customers
- Build and create top-down & bottom-up account strategies that enable sales velocity in partnership with Sales Engineers, Inside Reps, Sales Development Reps, Customer Success Managers, Professional Services and Exec Sponsors
- Navigate an enterprise to map stakeholders, build champions, generate buy-in and close deals with C-Level decision makers
- The instincts to recognize organizational, financial and behavioral structures and obstacles
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, integrity
- Creation and execution of deep strategic account strategies and plans
- Consistently delivers sales performance over quota
- Strong track-record of success building CxO, IT and line-of-business VP-level relationships to gain sponsorship for broad scale adoption
- 10+ years of sales success driving sales growth and customer relationships in SaaS and B2B software
- 6+ years of sales success selling to Enterprises (10k+ employees), Named Accounts and/or Large Enterprises
- Strong team leader who is able to drive execution and accountability cross-functionally - with customers, as well as internal partners
- Customer-centric focus combined with a growth mindset and a constant curiosity
- Has a strong work ethic, excels when moving fast and drives accountability with teammates
- Leverages data and customer examples to diagnose problems in order to identify solutions and new innovations
- Strong communicator with deep SaaS business and technology acumen
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.