Salesforce Technical ArchitectSan FranciscoApply now
As a Salesforce Technical Architect, you will own the integrity and strength of the solutions recommended. You’ll be acting as a trusted advisor to our team and stakeholders, and an effective mentor for other Salesforce engineers and product owners working alongside you. You will need a deep understanding of the Salesforce platform but just as importantly, top-notch people skills to get your ideas and solutions across to stakeholders and gain integrity to get your visions built into successful solutions.
What You'll Achieve:
Vision, Strategy, Roadmap & Influence:
- Big picture thinker and also an in-depth problem solver. Must have broad and deep technical knowledge, but they also need to possess listening, communication, and presentation soft skills
- Possesses a broad technical understanding of capabilities of Salesforce platform capabilities and intuitively understands/anticipates how each may benefit the broader product portfolio
- Provide strategic direction for the Salesforce platform, related technologies, and manage the usage of Salesforce platform across the portfolio of Enterprise tools.
- Provide guidance about the vision, features, capabilities, and overall priorities specific to the Salesforce platform
- Responsibility to choose the solution that will hold up over time, that will scale as usage increases, and won’t acquire lots of technical debt or require manual changes as time goes on.
- Act as an influencer. You are the trusted technology leader at the table and are often tasked with building buy-in for new solutions
- Stay current with Salesforce capabilities, acquisitions and feature roadmaps and disseminate the information appropriately
- Partners with vendors (internal and external) to understand and influence future technical capabilities offered and technical currency considerations to develop multi-year technical roadmaps
- Leverage your strong technical experience to architect, engineer and provide guidance in delivery of key initiatives for an enterprise-class global Revenue Operations (Lead to Cash) platform
- Coordinate the development of roadmaps for Salesforce platforms with key stakeholders, to create and deliver best of breed capabilities and value to product teams
- Author technical features and stories with acceptance criteria for Salesforce platform capabilities needed to support the planned roadmap
- Define & Estimate work packages for Sprints, Releases & Product Increments
- Develop and own tools, accelerators and reusable components required to accelerate the development and reduce the delivery cycle
- Responsible for architecting the full lifecycle of Salesforce platform including integration with all other platforms to deliver end to end functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Lead DevSecOps direction and approach for Salesforce platforms with stakeholders
- Execute required security assurance activities for the Salesforce platform
- Partners with other platform architects for corresponding cross-functional solutions
- Develop the necessary documentation for Enterprise Technology projects
- Contribute to the growth of the Salesforce Engineering team through thought leadership, development of solution accelerators, coaching and mentoring consultants and participation in other operational areas (recruiting, training)
- Experience with developing integrated scalable Salesforce solutions for Sales, Marketing, and Revenue teams as a PaaS for delivering no/low code and complex code solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex, large-scale customer challenges to produce secure, scalable, and high-performance solutions that maximize the full potential of the Salesforce platform
- Understands Salesforce Integration patterns and extensive experience with scalable integration architecture using third-party integration tools and ETL (Such as SnapLogic, Jitterbit etc.) specifically integrating Salesforce with different business systems
- Understands Web Services (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML) and other technologies that can be used to transport data in an enterprise environment and interact with Salesforce
- Familiarity with security standards such as TLS, SSL, data encryption preferred
- Experience with Salesforce governance and Security, Development operations.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects with competing priorities
- Experience with Scaled Agile Frameworks desired
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal, and interactive skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS/CIS, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8 or more years of direct work-related experience with at least 4 years’ experience in a leading role in delivering Salesforce projects
- 2+ years of experience as a Technical Architect
Preferred Salesforce certifications:
- Data Architecture and Management Designer
- Sharing and Visibility Designer
- Platform Developer I
- Platform App Builder
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.