Product DesignerNew York CityApply now
We're looking for a Product Designer who is excited by our mission of designing the future of teamwork. With millions of teams using Asana across 200 countries, our work has only just begun. Join us on a journey of driving clarity for teams, individuals and executives. As designers we are streamlining how teams get work done in a more efficient, effective and delightful way. You’ll make it as simple as possible for teams big and small to realize the value of Asana.
In this role, you’ll be the customer's voice as you collaborate with Engineering, Product, Experience Research, Data Science, and business partners to build compelling products. You will solve problems with cross functional partners in collaborative teams, that enable designers to do their best work. As part of a product-driven and design-led company, you'll play a key role in a team of Product Designers owning core product development from inception to iteration and post-launch reflection. If you’re looking for scope, influence and the opportunity to do high-quality work in your next role, this is it.
About the design team
We design the future of teamwork. Asana has a bold, ambitious mission: help humanity thrive by enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. Our design team is at the heart of that mission.
Asana Design is an inclusive and collaborative community. We’re a diverse group of designers from different backgrounds (product, brand and content design, design operations, producers, motion design, film, copywriting). A team that loves combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a human-centered design process to produce designs that are core to the power of our applications. We partner with people across Asana to create our product, shape our brand, and drive greater impact through design. We use design to solve challenges and create experiences that customers love. We also take the time to get weird and have fun along the way.
We believe every designer should have the opportunity to grow and learn by utilizing their strengths and nurturing their interests.
Learn more about our team
- Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging
- How we’ve designed a culture that fuels our business results
- How I advanced my career through AsanaUP
- How we use (and don’t use) job titles at Asana
What you’ll achieve
- Lead the design of end-to-end experiences for Asana products and features
- Partner with cross-functional partners to identify customer problems, establish vision, set strategy, build and ship solutions
- Champion product excellence. Elevate the quality bar for our experience and contribute to our design system
- Work across the organization to ship experiences that are cohesive with the broader Asana product experience, ensuring your design scales
- Facilitate and role model human-centered problem solving. Foster co-creation across the organization
- Learn new methods to solve deeply complex problems in the service of inventing new ways to deliver our customer benefits: flow, efficiency, and engagement
- Help shape a product that is intuitive and elegant, which speaks from a unified voice
- 4-10+ years of experience in product design (we have multiple roles available and are open to varying levels of experience)
- A strong portfolio that showcases a track record of shipping high-quality interaction and interface design work
- Skilled in driving a human-centered design process, clearly communicating design work with solid rationale informed by research and data, and working collaboratively to ship end-to-end features at scale
- Experience designing and shipping web, desktop, and/or native mobile applications
- Creative problem-solver that embraces divergent and iterative methods in order to evolve concepts from raw ideas to beautiful polished designs
- You embody openness, curiosity, and a growth mindset
- Customer-centric: elicits non-obvious customer needs, synthesizes research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.