Product Design Manager, OrchestrateSan FranciscoApply now
Asana is looking for a Product Design Manager to lead design for the Orchestrate Area in our Workflow Pillar. You’ll lead a team of designers focused on empowering teams to effortlessly build, customize, scale, and iterate on their end-to-end workflows. You’ll play an important role in realizing Workflow’s mission to make the process of getting work done efficient, effective, and delightful.
This role is perfect for a design leader who loves tackling complex systems problems. We’re looking for someone who is a strong advocate for customers and has a passion for product and design excellence. You learn fast, understand which details matter, and guide your team to craft high-quality experiences. Above all, you’re an excellent people manager who can coach the designers on your team to do their best work. You’ll be a part of the Asana design leadership team, and you’ll have the opportunity to pave the way for innovation for the larger Asana design team — not only in what we make but also in how we make it.
About the design team
We design the future of teamwork. Asana has a bold, ambitious mission: help humanity thrive by enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. Our design team is at the heart of that mission.
Asana Design is an inclusive and collaborative community. We’re a talented group of designers from different backgrounds (product, brand and content design, design operations, producers, motion design, film, copywriting) who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a human-centered design process. We partner with people across Asana to create our product, shape our brand, and drive greater impact through design. We use design to solve challenges and create experiences that customers love. We also take the time to get weird and have fun along the way.
We believe every designer should have the opportunity to grow and learn by utilizing their strengths and nurturing their interests.
Learn more about our team
- Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging
- How we’ve designed a culture that fuels our business results
- How I advanced my career through AsanaUP
- How we use (and don’t use) job titles at Asana
What you’ll achieve
- Grow, mentor, and lead a talented team of product designers in our San Francisco office
- Coach and mentor your team in delivering high-quality, delightful, and easy to use end-to-end experiences in order to shape a product that is intuitive and elegant
- Champion product excellence and elevate the quality bar for our experience
- Partner with cross-functional partners to establish the strategy, vision, metrics, and goals for the Orchestrate Area in order to meet customer and business needs
- Work across the organization to connect the dots across teams and ship experiences that are cohesive with the broader Asana product experience
- Facilitate and role model human-centered problem solving. Foster co-creation across the organization.
- Relevant product design experience, with around 8+ years experience in product design and 2+ years in a people management role
- An inclusive people leader who can lead a team of experienced designers and inspire them to do their best work
- A strong portfolio that showcases a track record of shipping high-quality interaction and interface design work as an IC and/or people manager
- Strong systems thinker, with experience designing for complex systems and drawing connections across features and teams
- Skilled in driving a human-centered design process and helping teams navigate challenges to collaboratively to ship end-to-end features at scale
- Creative problem-solver who embraces divergent and iterative methods in order to help teams evolve concepts from raw ideas to polished designs
- Open and curious, with a strong growth mindset
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $235,000 - $299,000. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.