Summer 2023 Data Science InternshipNew York CityApply now
The Data Science and Engineering team builds Asana’s core data pipelines and tools, and partners with teams throughout the company to drive key product and business decisions with metrics, experiments, and predictive models.
As a Data Science Intern at Asana, you’ll help us ask the right questions and answer them rigorously. You’ll work closely with our Product or Business teams and the rest of the Data team to understand their goals and proactively inform their direction with data. You’ll keep taking on new responsibilities as you grow—from defining core metrics to building machine learning models and keeping the data flowing in our pipelines.
- Designing and analyzing experiments to measure the impact of new product features
- Investigating strategic questions like “What are the collaborative patterns of the most successful teams using Asana?” utilizing vast amounts of data
- Adding new metrics and aggregations to our data warehouse to make new classes of questions answerable
- Building models to predict the growth trajectory of different customer segments, improve in-product experiences or inform business decisions
- Your anticipated graduation date is between December 2023 and July 2024
- Strong technical background in computer science, statistics, math, information science, or another quantitative field
- Fluency in at least one modern language useful for data processing (e.g. Python, Scala, R)
- Proficiency with relational data modeling and SQL
- Expertise in statistical methods and experimental design and analysis
- Experience with distributed data processing systems (e.g. Spark, Redshift)
- Background in advanced statistical modeling (e.g. GLM, mixed effects) and/or machine learning
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.