Engineering Manager - Product, Individual ExperienceSan FranciscoApply now
At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly and do great things together. Our product engineering team works closely with designers and product managers to continuously improve the Asana experience for all our customers. We’re involved in the entire product process, from conception to post-launch reflection.
Individual Experience team’s vision is to “Empower individuals to confidently manage their priorities and their time so they can take on their biggest challenges at work.” This team’s work spans multiple work streams which will help Asana users easily capture their thoughts, plan and prioritize their work, and feel motivated to achieve their goals. By helping our individual users reach a state of flow and achieve better productivity, we will increase their satisfaction with Asana.
What You’ll Achieve
- Manage a team of 10 full-stack engineers
- Coach and mentor direct reports for individual impact, balance, growth and leadership
- Partner with the team's tech lead, product manager, designer, and other engineers to choose an impactful and achievable roadmap
- Thoughtfully craft the team's responsibilities, goals, and processes to achieve clarity and sustainable delivery across all functions
- Collaborate with engineering leaders across the organization to help make Asana's workplace more balanced, performant, inclusive, and in-line with our values.
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new employees
- You have 4+ years of engineering management experience, managing large teams or teams working on multiple work streams in parallel.
- You have experience working cross-functionally with product management, design, and infrastructure teams
- You are focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and your organization as a whole
- You are equipped with the engineering skills, empathy, and integrity needed to evaluate and guide the career paths of technically-astute engineers
- You are comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.