Core Brand Designer/ IllustratorSan FranciscoApply now
We’re looking for a brand designer to join our cross-disciplinary team of designers, copywriters, animators, film-makers, and producers to help us build a category-leading brand at Asana.
We are on a mission to help all teams work together effortlessly. With millions of teams using Asana across 190 countries, our work has only just begun. The Brand Creative team at Asana is a tightly knit group of diverse creatives that makes thoughtful, beautiful brand work across owned, earned, and paid channels. We tell Asana’s story to the world, and are responsible for creating experiences that our customers love.
This is a highly collaborative role that will work closely with marketing partners, product teams, and external agencies and vendors to ensure that our brand design work is extraordinary. The ideal candidate has experience in graphic design, illustration, and art direction; is strong in conceptual thinking and design development; and has a passion for creating guidelines and systems.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead a wide range of projects with particular focus on illustration, editorial, and in-product brand experiences
- High level of strategic independence—conceiving of and driving important parts of our company’s brand strategy
- Create high-quality work that delights our customers, meets company objectives, and reinforces our brand
- Deliver results and stay responsible for the end-to-end execution of your work
- Frequently building and improving our guidelines, systems, experiments, and programs
- Help grow our team by interviewing candidates and mentoring new colleagues
- Manage ambiguity effectively, and influence the direction of your projects by identifying and defining new opportunities
- Create design solutions that get others on board with your ideas while simultaneously moving everyone closer to the finish line
- Give and receive feedback to peers through design critique
- Be an advocate of great design in and out of Asana
- 7 or more years of professional graphic design experience, agency and/or in-house
- Experience leading cross-functional projects from concept to execution
- Responsible for design work that has gone very deep, very broad, or both
- Experience building and evolving brand systems
- Great understanding of the B2B marketing space
- Experience and understanding of brand and illustration within product
- Excellent design craft with an eye for detail and consistency
- Advanced skills in layout design, color, illustration, art direction
- Expert level understanding of tools like Figma and Adobe CC, etc.
- Strategic thinker, able to see an idea through from concept to execution
- Great communication and time management skills
- Experience building and maintaining strong working relationships with stakeholders across the company
- Experience coaching and mentoring—a beacon for best practices
- Experience seizing opportunities, working autonomously, and cutting through ambiguity
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.