Senior Software Engineer, Web Design SystemSan FranciscoApply now
We’re looking for an engineer passionate about building beautiful products to improve the way millions of teams work together.
As a member of Web Engineering’s Brand team, you’ll help asana.com be the premier destination for knowledge workers to learn about the future of work. Millions of people from around the world with a variety of backgrounds visit asana.com. You’ll deliver brand awareness experiences & SEO strategies to reach this broad audience. Our team works toward increasing Asana's top-of-funnel metrics. We have bold aspirations to integrate the user journey from asana.com deep into the product. Our team is on the frontline of user engagement.
We’ve created the Brand Design System–a library of high-quality, reusable & accessible React components. Our team’s design system engineers care deeply about their craft. They engineer React & TypeScript components attentively to form a rich visual language. While extending and improving it, you’ll assemble this visual language into endless combinations on asana.com. You’ll work closely with designers, product managers, and other engineers. You'll collaborate with many teams across Asana and across functions like design and marketing.
We're excited to assist with relocation to the San Francisco Bay Area for qualified candidates.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead initiatives / projects on a team of skilled UI/frontend engineers with a variety of tools including React, TypeScript, NextJS, and GraphQL
- Architect & build out Asana's Brand Design System–a library of high quality, reusable, and accessible React components
- Design and implement innovative UI solutions to complex frontend challenges like making the Asana web fast & accessible or leveraging GraphQL to talk to our CMS efficiently
- Collaborate cross-functionally to define and prioritize the team's roadmap and initiatives
- Develop clean, beautiful code and leave it better than you found it
- Stretch, learn & grow yourself & your team by receiving & giving mentorship
- 3-5 years experience of full-time professional software development experience, or equivalent
- Deep familiarity and interest in modern frontend web technology; TypeScript, React, NextJS, SASS / CSS preferred
- Past experience and/or strong interest in Web Accessibility
- Experience leading projects with other engineers & designers
- Attentive to details in design quality, code quality, and delightful product experiences
- Excellent communication & collaboration
- Excited being part of a collaborative and inclusive culture
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.