Senior Business Intelligence DeveloperSan FranciscoApply now
The Business Intelligence (BI) team at Asana is tasked with building powerful decision-making data products, tools, and analytical reports. We are looking for a Revenue (sales/GTM) focused Senior Business Intelligence Developer to add to our growing team. You will develop a deep understanding of many of our most important business processes, including our monetization model, prospecting, pipeline management, and how the marketing and sales team operate together.
The right candidate will have a unique mix of technical and strategic skills and has a deep understanding of our business and what is important, but can also proactively develop and maintain tools, automation, and analytics to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
What you’ll achieve
- Become a partner for analysts from sales/GTM organizations in understanding their business process and take the lead in building analytic solutions that unlock actionable insights through data analysis, investigation, and visualization
- Become a subject matter expert for the organization and build appropriate data models and ETL/ELT pipelines
- Help maintain BI operational environment by triaging reported issues, working with the team to resolve, and verifying resolution with business team members
- Work with analysts in understanding business needs and proposing appropriate solutions
- Support and maintain data that drives our business model and growth projections
- Work cross-functionally with different teams and on different projects as required, and with other Enterprise Technology teammates to support shared systems, data, and infrastructure
- Education and/or experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Math, Economics, Statistics, or a similar quantitative field
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a Business Intelligence, BI Developer, Data Engineer, or equivalent role handling large volumes of data and building scalable systems
- Strong acumen with cloud data warehousing technologies including, but not limited to Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery (Snowflake certification desired but not required)
- Experience designing and building analytical data models optimized for performance, scalability, and analytical consumption.
- Experience troubleshooting, optimizing, and performance tuning SQL scripts for efficient compute and storage techniques in Snowflake DW.
- Strong SQL skills, with the ability to write complex SQL, do cohort analysis, comparative analysis, and ELT transformations
- Experience in Python or similar programming language
- Experience working directly with business users to build reports, and dashboards and solve business questions with data
- Must have experience working in a rapidly growing technology company, and using agile development methodologies.
- Data visualization skills using business intelligence solutions including at least one of Looker, Tableau, Periscope, Pentaho, or Microstrategy
- Listening/communication skills and a sense of empathy towards colleagues in different functions
- Able to thrive in a dynamic startup team - can define your own priorities, requirements, and goals from a company context
What we’ll offer
Our comprehensive compensation package plays a big part in how we recognize you for the impact you have on our path to achieving our mission. We believe that compensation should be reflective of the value you create relative to the market value of your role. To ensure pay is fair and not impacted by biases, we're committed to looking at market value which is why we check ourselves and conduct a yearly pay equity audit.
For this role, the estimated base salary range is between $173,360 - $220,640. The actual base salary will vary based on various factors, including market and individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary range for this role may be modified.
In addition to base salary, your compensation package may include additional components such as equity, sales incentive pay (for most sales roles), and benefits. If you're interviewing for this role, speak with your Talent Acquisition Partner to learn more about the total compensation and benefits for this role.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By clicking "Submit Application," you acknowledge and agree to Asana's Global Job Applicant Privacy Notice.