Senior Business Intelligence DeveloperSan FranciscoApply now
The Business Intelligence team at Asana is tasked with making decision making powerful with data, tools, analytics, and metrics. We are looking for a Go-to-Market/CRM focused Senior Business Intelligence Developer to add to our growing team. You will develop a deep understanding of many of our most important business processes, including our monetization model, prospecting, pipeline management, how the marketing and sales team operate together, and financial metrics reporting.
We are looking for someone with a unique mix of technical and strategic skills who can not only understand our business and what is important, but can also proactively develop and maintain tools, automation, and analytics to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
What you’ll achieve
- Become a partner for Analysts from sales/GTM organization in understanding their business process and take lead in building analytic solutions that unlock actionable insights through data analysis, investigation, and visualization
- Become a subject matter expert for the organization and build appropriate data models
- Help maintain BI operational environment by triaging reported issues, working with the team to resolve, and verifying resolution with business team members
- Work with analysts in understanding business needs and propose appropriate solutions .
- Support and maintain data that drives our business model and growth projections
- Work cross-functionally with different teams and on different projects as required, and with other Enterprise Technology teammates to support shared systems, data and infrastructure
- Education and/or experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Math, Economics, Statistics, or a similar quantitative field
- At least 7 years experience in a Business Intelligence, BI Developer, Data Engineer, or equivalent role handling large volumes of data and building scalable systems
- Strong SQL skills, with the ability to write complex SQL, doing cohort analysis, comparative analysis, etc.
- Data visualization skills using business intelligence solutions including at least one of Looker, Tableau, Periscope, Pentaho or Microstrategy
- Experience working directly with business users to build reports, dashboards and solving business questions with data
- Experience in at least one of the following languages used for data processing: R, Python, Scala, Go, Matlab, Octave, or Julia.
- Familiarity with data warehousing technologies including at least one of PostGreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica, Teradata
- Must have experience working in a rapidly growing technology company, and using agile development methodologies.
- Listening/communication skills and a sense of empathy towards colleagues in different functions
- Able to thrive in a dynamic startup team - can define your own priorities, requirements and goals from company context
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.