Experience Researcher Lead, Clarity AreaNew York CityApply now
The Experience Research team at Asana is focused on understanding the dynamics of modern work, the role technology plays, and how Asana can empower teams to thrive in a collaborative environment. Our work informs teams at every level of the company and drives key roadmap decisions.
We’re looking for a creative, curious, collaborative human who is excited to help us in our mission to improve the world of work. Our ideal candidate has experience crafting and delivering a wide range of research and can balance rigor with experimentation.
You’ll be joining the Clarity Pillar, empowering our customers to use insights about their work to make better decisions: enabling reflection on how well their teams are doing, finding opportunities to collaborate more effectively and planning for the future. Your research will also enable customers, whether a junior new hire or a senior executive, to connect their work to their company’s goals and mission.
As a UXR Area Lead, you’ll partner with your fellow Area Leads in cross-functional roles (PM, Design, Engineering, PMM, Data Science) to guide strategy & delivery of the teams within your area.
What you’ll achieve
- Build a well-rounded understanding of our customers and communicate that empathy throughout the company
- Provide UXR leadership to the Align Area within Clarity Pillar - help craft the vision, strategy and priorities for Align Area
- Identify and prioritize the right open questions and proactively plan your research roadmap in partnership with fellow Area Leads and product teams
- Through your research and leadership skills, ensure that we ship meaningful customer experiences that achieve business goals
- Identify research needs in partnership with product teams then design, plan, and execute on the highest leveraged work
- Balance strategic and tactical research to deliver high-impact results; coach & empower teams to conduct focused product research
- Provide guidance to teams outside of project work to help them make sound, customer-backed decisions
- Recommend and enact improvements to the team’s process, tools and communications
- Partner with Research Ops to help scale our work, supporting our ambition to have best in class research and insights for our product teams
- 4+ years of experience practicing UX Research for digital products
- Experience with a wide variety of research methods applied across the product development cycle
- Able to develop and apply frameworks and model-thinking
- Able to distill research findings into clear, actionable insights
- Quickly build trust and rapport with stakeholders at every level
- Experience guiding product strategy informed by and backed by insights
- Foundational knowledge of information architecture, design principles and content strategy for both web and mobile
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at various stages in the research cycle
- Skilled presenter and persuasive communicator
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.