Content StrategistSan FranciscoApply now
We’re looking for a content strategist to help us take a holistic approach to the way we communicate with new and existing users and build a category-leading brand at Asana.
Note: this role is for a content strategist, not a content designer. It will focus on governance for our website and brand, not our product.
We are on a mission to help all teams work together effortlessly. With millions of teams using Asana across 200 countries, our work has only just begun. The Brand Creative team at Asana is a tight-knit group of diverse creatives that make thoughtful, beautiful brand design work across owned, earned, and paid channels. We tell Asana’s story to the world and are responsible for creating experiences our customers love.
Are you an analytical thinker who can see the big picture but also roll up your sleeves and do some writing? Do you love collaborating and co-creating with designers, researchers, product marketers, engineers, and more? If so, you might be the content strategist we’re looking for.
What you'll achieve
- Develop content strategies that support our overall business objectives and maximize engagement and usability on Asana’s website and digital platforms
- Develop content strategy framework, website taxonomy, governance, performance analysis, and more as needed
- Audit existing content and information architecture to determine current performance and opportunities for improvement
- Map content to the user journey using audience insights, personas, messaging, key segments, competitive intelligence, and feedback from users
- Write and deliver copy to our design and engineering teams and work with them to ensure high-quality implementation
- Share your ideas with stakeholders and collaborators and accept/incorporate feedback without sacrificing the user experience
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to augment our existing brand messaging guidelines to include web-specific best practices
- Create content toolkit, guides, and templates
- Collaborate with the SEO team to optimize content for SEO results and improve the user journey
- 5+ years of experience in a content strategy role
- Copywriting experience (bonus if it includes tech, B2B, or agency experience)
- Experience leading collaborative efforts across teams with various internal stakeholders
- Experience with SaaS products
- Ability to distill the appropriate customer-centric content solutions to complex problems
- Driven self-starter with excellent organizational skills
- A love of words and language, along with passion for style, grammar, tone, and voice
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.